Why do guys wake up with an erection?

And will it ease by itself, or must they bring themselves to orgasm every morning?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well its not from sexual arousal, although a lot of guys use it as an excuse to masturbate. Its kinda like how your nipples get hard when you get REALLY cold, there's usually nothing sexual, just your body doing what it needs to do. But its usually a combination of things. The average guy has eight hard, full-on erections every night. Its just our bodies keeping everything in check. -especially when he's in adolescence with insanely raging hormones-.Aside from that it could be caused by the way an erection puts pressure on the tube going from your bladder, out your body. (urethra) If a guys bladder is full and he's in a deep state of sleep its kinda like a fail safe to make sure he doesn't wet the bed.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 8

• We don't know why we get them, they can ease by themself but most blokes would prefer to masturbate to get rid of it

• It's due to increased levels of testosterone which occur right before your sleep cycle ends. And it goes away just like any other boner.

• I thought it was due to the relaxation of your body once you enter REM sleep, allowing blood to flow more easily and into the penis?

• Yeah, but the testosterone makes it stay there. I'm pretty sure that's what we learned in frosh health. It's been a while.

• brando is right it come from tthe relaxation of a very deep sleep and all your blood is on the move like there's no tomorrow

• I usual get one straight after I wake up... hormones are running pretty high in the mornings..

• increased blood flow from the relaxation of the deepest level of sleep and it just goes away just like a regular boner lol

• Cause your body is in a fully relaxed state. It can go away pretty easily but I learned to never waste a boner

More from Guys
3

What Girls Said 3

• lol

• lol nice question. got a laugh from it

• nice q! never knew the answer :)