My guy friend and I had sex...

I was trying so hard not to but I knew it was going to happen eventually one day. I was a little tipsy but after a friend's birthday party, he offered to give me a ride home. At first I was a little hesitant but I decided to go with him. We ended up staying over his place. He gave me some shorts to sleep in and I changed but when he got back in the room, we started making out and then he takes the shorts off of me! I'm trying to put them back on but it's too late because he takes them off along with my panties and goes down on me! I give up struggling and we ended up having sex all night and again in the morning. On the way back when taking me home, he says he's not really looking to get into a relationship and I was perfectly fine with that. I told him it's fine and I made a joke and said we could be fwbs but I told him I totally wasn't expecting what we did to have happened. Well we kissed goodbye and everything was fine until a couple days later. He updates his facebook status and it says in a relationship with one of my friends! I'm like what the f***?! I don't really have strong feelings for him but I'm like you f***ing used me and we're supposed to be friends! And on top of that, it's going to be super awkward because I'm friends with this chick and we're hella cool on facebook and we're always commenting. This happened like a month ago but it's just been awkward. I don't want to hang out with him because if she tags along and I see them kiss, I'm going to be so uncomfortable and it's just going to be awkward. I'm a little jealous and I don't know why. I just wish we never did it but I don't know what to do now because everything is f***ing awkward!

Most Helpful Girl

• You said you knew it was going to happen some day.

I don't think he used you at all.

You had sex with him - that's all. It might have meant more to you than it did to him, or you might have expected more to come from it, or you might have expected him not to get into a relationship with someone else so soon after - but you never talked about that.

I'm pretty sure, before the two of you had sex, you never said that after this happens, you aren't allowed to date someone.

He saw an opportunity and he took it; but you can't blame him for that, unless he raped you, which to me, it doesn't really sound like he did at all, you were just cautious to being with - but the fact that you had sex with him again in the morning, shows it's something you both wanted.

Take it as a learning experience, learn to know what to expect. Or discuss what to expect before you have sex with a guy if you don't like what happened.

If you think things are going to be too awkward for you to hang out with them, then don't. Simple as, don't put yourself in a situation you feel uncomfortable in. To me, it sounds like you had slightly more feelings for him than you though you did, or just less control over your feelings when they're mixed with sex.

It's not uncommon, but you can't expect him to do something that isn't right for him, just becase the two of you fooled around.

• Report

You're so right heatherlu. I didn't expect him to get into a relationship so soon. It like happened 3 days after! I was just about to tell him when I checked out his fb status. I mean, he can do whatever he wants because we're not a couple although I did expect more but I feel like I got the short end of the stick. Like what did I ever do? Did you just want to say you did it with me and leave and get into a relationship? I feel as if I'm a slut although I never meant for this to happen!

• Report

Although he didn't purposely hurt me, I do have every right to be angry because he could've been talking to both of us at the same time. But it is what it is. I don't want to burn any bridges b/t her or him. I just feel bamboozled. I've told him we should just slow down and be friends, but whenever we're alone, there's like tension and then he'll kiss me and I expect there to be more from the kiss. But I'm just going to avoid him for a while.

• Report

just because you guys have sex does not imply in anyway he is beholden to you, you had sex with him as well. you didn't talk to him about any stipulations before hand so you really need to chill and deal with your sh*t. if you can't handle casual sex than don't do it! its really that simple. it is kinda funny how your blaming him for your lack of communication skills.