A slut is just a woman with the morals of a man. Do any of you find this to be true?

I find it very true and I don't understand the bad rap these girls get.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree to an extent, yes. Girls will almost always get a bad rap for sleeping with a lot of people, whereas men usually get venerated. At least, this is what I have experienced. Still, the way you word your question is a generalization regarding the male gender. However, I would say it is more true of men to sleep around than women, for multiple reasons. Women are afraid of getting a bad reputation (which is the double standard you are addressing), and as females we tend to be more attached to sexual partners. I've heard it's "less feminine" to guys when a girl isn't selective about who she has sex with and has less of a standard.

I know girls who do hook up and sleep around considerably, but they aren't obnoxious, trashy, or flaunt everything. When they are confident and poised in their lifestyle, these girls tend to avoid the bad reputation (from most people, at least) more easily... it's still a lot harder for girls to get away with than guys, but it can be done. Usually, the girls who are considered "sluts" act trashy in general, beyond their sexual actions. I think that's a big part of it.

I do agree with you overall.

• The dumb ass QA ignores the other 99% of the posts who disagree.

• it isn't exactly the same thing tho she is addressing the stigma of loose women as compared to men. men require huge amounts of skill, looks, charisma, money etc in order to properly man whore about women need only open their legs.

• i do disagree with labels they are terrible things on most cases.

What Guys Said 19

• A "slut" is a girl you hate who has no more sexual experience than you do.

God, I hate that word...

• I label some of my best friends sluts

I don't hate them or envy them, I just hate their choice in life

A slut is someone who sleeps with a lotta people :/\I obviously don't Call them sluts though xD

• I was not expecting someone to reply to this thread after so much time. =)

I was just trying to point out how subjective the word can be, and how it doesn't essentially mean anything.

• I have no problems with those girls who have been labeled as 'sluts'. To me they are just the female version of a playboy----she's a playgirl. I'm saying I agree with your statement. Yes, they do not deserve the condescension they receive. I think girls who hate sluts are jealous of them.

• That's a good point. It's funny-one day I wondered why I didn't like certain people and found that most of the case the reason was because I was jealous of them. I can't believe that I once thought that! It sounds so stupid to me now.

• I don't know if that's true or not but I'm pretty sure it's irrelevant. The bearded lady at the circus is just a woman with the facial hair of a man. Guys don't want to date her either. If we wanted to date guys, we would.

• who said anything about dating? I want to f*** guys

• yay!

• EVERYBODY wins! Haha! Play safe now!

• As the others have said you can't clump men into one category. Nor can you do the same with women.

Its also worth mentioning to add to other users point that when a man sleeps around and guys find out they congratulate him on all his hard work. Because not to start an argument or anything but it is a lot harder for men to get layed. They also toss in a few tips and things to watch out for in the future, but they are generally really happy that this guy got layed especially when they hear it was a good catch. High fives, beers and laughs go around and as a result he gets called a stud because he has some awesome new found care free confidence in himself that is now projected to the viewing females.

Then you look at women and you are questioning why society labels you as a "slut" if you sleep around a lot. Well, its fairly simple. No offense to you ladies, but your own gender is the first to act and dispute this topic. I see it all the time, girls are usually the first ones to toss around the words "slut, whore, skank, bitch" to each other usually when an argument or disagreement arises, then drama and rumors occur. Negative things become associated with her to the clueless viewing males.

• i don't do that and the women who do are just a bunch of self-righteous assholes. I know tons of guys who call girls sluts.

• Woah... not true.

A real man will have higher sense of morale. I DO understand what you mean tho. You're referring to immature, promiscuous "men" and yes there are a LOT of them out there.

An immature, promiscuous "woman" may be referred to as a slut, yes, but a real woman has morals, class, sophistication, and a man will as well...

Be careful of how you word things lol. I'm a guy too, but my morals are beyond that of the "men" I described, as are quite a few other guys'...

More from Guys
14

What Girls Said 16

• I think that's an unfair judgement, the morals of a MAN , so what..all men are sluts? I understand what you're saying ,however you worded this incredibly incorrectly, you've just assumed that ALL MEN are and will act like this.

I personally don't agree with labels like slut/skank ect, I don't see it as being slutty I see it as enjoying sexual relations and there is nothing wrong with that as long as you're being healthy/safe. So NO, A slut is NOT just a woman with the morals of SOME men!

I know my answer probably isn't one you're looking for, but the best thing about this website is ,you can give your view without negativity thrown at you. You asked, I answered =]

• Umm not all men are sex feinds that wanna get with as many chicks as possible, a slut is a slut and a man-whore is a man-whore. No relation other than maybe sex-addiction and diseases

• Yupp I understand it completely, because that's how I am too ^^

• I agree to that statement. When guys fool around with lots of girls, their guy friends think it's cool. On the other hand, when girls fool around with lots of guys, their reputation is automatically destroyed? I'm not a 'slut' myself. Although I do not agree with the choices of these girls, I won't insult or bash them unless they really do something to make me go, "What?!" I think maybe the reason why these types of girls get bad raps is maybe because the girls with the boyfriends view them differently and have a fear that they will get dumped by the guy for a 'sluttier' girl. Guys probably give these girls more attention, because of the way they behave and dress. Use protection. Don't go after a girl's boyfriend. Or a woman's husband.(I remember reading posts like this a while back.) That is just really low. I think less of a girl though if she dresses indecently(which is a sin, I guess. I looked up a list of sins and one of them was dressing indecently. I didn't even know that was a sin. There was a bunch of other stuff on there that I was surprised to see on there.) ,or I think less of a girl if she goes after a girl's boyfriend, wears a lot of make up, grinds against a guy when dancing,(This is cool? How is that cool? It boggles my mind.), or if she dances provocatively. I don't think young people-preteens/kids in high school should have sex-there I said it! I don't think they are mature enough-their brains are still developing, the decision-making part of their brain isn't fully developed yet. Not all teens are sexually active-I'm a teen myself, and I just can't imagine high schoolers doing it. I don't know-I might be a prude. Oh, well. But that's all I have to say.

• What do you mean by morals? why does someones decision about sex have to do with morals? if someone f***s 50 people. and is a human rights advocate, and someone else is a virgin but makes money off of child slavery.. who do you think is immoral?

I think a women who has lots of sex is a woman who has lots of sex. A man who has lots of sex is a man who has lots of sex. Because their exists lies about women, lacking natural sexual proclivity, does not mean you need to play along and use a mans sexuality as the standard of sexuality. She is not a woman h has sex like a man. she is a women. Men are socially expected to have lots of sex. Women not so much. That is not the same as what women desires to do- or does with her own body. Ethics are legally based. Morals are personal.

I think you should establish what you mean by morals first because we probably do not all have the same view. I do not think it is immoral to have sex, nor do I think women act like men in having lots of sex. I think there are very pervasive lies about women and sexuality.

• I aggree with you execpt for this "Ethics are legally based" I copied this from dictionary.com

(I didn't see anything about legality)

( used with a singular or plural verb ) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.

2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.

3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.

EXPAND

• Ethics are based on what is culturally acceptable; Morals are based on what is personally acceptable.

My point was what does she mean by morals of a man. Expectations by whom? Actually, In this case, I am more interested in what does she mean by Man..

More from Girls
11