A slut is just a woman with the morals of a man. Do any of you find this to be true?

I find it very true and I don't understand the bad rap these girls get.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I agree to an extent, yes. Girls will almost always get a bad rap for sleeping with a lot of people, whereas men usually get venerated. At least, this is what I have experienced. Still, the way you word your question is a generalization regarding the male gender. However, I would say it is more true of men to sleep around than women, for multiple reasons. Women are afraid of getting a bad reputation (which is the double standard you are addressing), and as females we tend to be more attached to sexual partners. I've heard it's "less feminine" to guys when a girl isn't selective about who she has sex with and has less of a standard.I know girls who do hook up and sleep around considerably, but they aren't obnoxious, trashy, or flaunt everything. When they are confident and poised in their lifestyle, these girls tend to avoid the bad reputation (from most people, at least) more easily... it's still a lot harder for girls to get away with than guys, but it can be done. Usually, the girls who are considered "sluts" act trashy in general, beyond their sexual actions. I think that's a big part of it.I do agree with you overall.

• i do disagree with labels they are terrible things on most cases.

• it isn't exactly the same thing tho she is addressing the stigma of loose women as compared to men. men require huge amounts of skill, looks, charisma, money etc in order to properly man whore about women need only open their legs.

• A lot of answerers also agreed to a point, but they couldn't get past the generalization made to see the argument in her statement, which was the more important attribute of the question. Like I said, I don't like when all people in a category are grouped together either. All men are not man whores, but many people will pass negative judgment on a girl for sleeping around and let a guy get away with it. Again, this isn't always the case, simply my experience.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 19

• A "slut" is a girl you hate who has no more sexual experience than you do.God, I hate that word...

• I was not expecting someone to reply to this thread after so much time. =)I was just trying to point out how subjective the word can be, and how it doesn't essentially mean anything.

• I label some of my best friends sluts I don't hate them or envy them, I just hate their choice in life A slut is someone who sleeps with a lotta people :/\I obviously don't Call them sluts though xD

• no a slut is women with the morals of a gay male bottom not a straight man

• No.. not really.. you don't have to be gay to be a man whore :3

• cause women get penetrated like gay dudes

• That depends on your definition of slut, and how much you want to stereotype men. When it comes to women who happen to like sex and therefore have sex often, and are smart enough to use protection, then I don't see anything morally questionable about it. However using sex as a means to something else, is different, and not morally justified.

• this is not true you cannot sum up human sexuality this neatly sry.

• I want to answer your question scientifically. Long time ago, when the only law out there was the survival of the fittest – men wanted to f*** as many chicks as possible to generate as much offspring as possible. logic, right?Women on the other hand can not deliver an infinite amount of children, so she choses a man and tries to bind him to her, so he can protect her, bring food etc. logic, right?But a women having sex with a lot of different men seems unlogical from this point of view. Today's society and science (contraceptives) make it possible to ignore this evolutionary pattern, a woman /girl can live her sexual drive to the fullest extent. Apparently we haven't put behind this pattern we we consider her a "slut" because she doesn't play her role.- Anonymous

• Nope, you're entirely wrong. Women can't think at all. They can only over-react because you can't spell overeacting with out ovaries.

• You are absolutely right about that. Glad you picked up on that.

• Your response seems eerily similar to a line from Family Guy...I know I've heard that before.

• I don't know if that's true or not but I'm pretty sure it's irrelevant. The bearded lady at the circus is just a woman with the facial hair of a man. Guys don't want to date her either. If we wanted to date guys, we would.

• EVERYBODY wins! Haha! Play safe now!

• yay!

• Well in that case, GAME ON girl! If all you want to do is f*** guys, you should have absolutely no problem unless you're only targeting guys who are committed to their relationships or you look like something that crawled out of a swamp. Enjoy!

• Show Older
  • Because men are territorial and hate to share. I wouldn't want a used woman.

• I have no problems with those girls who have been labeled as 'sluts'. To me they are just the female version of a playboy----she's a playgirl. I'm saying I agree with your statement. Yes, they do not deserve the condescension they receive. I think girls who hate sluts are jealous of them.

• That's a good point. It's funny-one day I wondered why I didn't like certain people and found that most of the case the reason was because I was jealous of them. I can't believe that I once thought that! It sounds so stupid to me now.

• I am not a slut. Does that mean my morals are incorrect for my gender? I don't think slut has anything to do with behaviors, so much as the attitude that accompanies them. I have some female friends who have casual sex on a frequent basis, but I wouldn't call them sluts. They just really like sex. I know other females that have a certain desire it seems to be degraded and those I am more likely to call a slut.

• if a woman has slept with more then 1 guy she's branded a slut so says a lot of people who can't keep there nose out but real sluts I think there insecure they think by shagging a bloke they feel loved...but some are just stone cold sluts

• Woah... not true.A real man will have higher sense of morale. I DO understand what you mean tho. You're referring to immature, promiscuous "men" and yes there are a LOT of them out there.An immature, promiscuous "woman" may be referred to as a slut, yes, but a real woman has morals, class, sophistication, and a man will as well...Be careful of how you word things lol. I'm a guy too, but my morals are beyond that of the "men" I described, as are quite a few other guys'...

• I take slight offense at that remark. Just because we're men doesn't mean we're sex machines.A man with that kind of drive is a "playa" and is dubbed so because, at least in the minds of normal guys, he is good at getting one thing, sex. We just as often see them as douchebags or jerks for it. a good portion if not most of us are looking for more than a one night shag.

• You want to know what holds true? Generalizations based on stupid proverbs you made up while taking a dump will never amount to anything but a senseless opinion.

• no, we all aren't like that

• Really? I think your numbers are extremely high. More like 20-45%. It depends what age group your talking about. The highest being young adults usually in their early 20's

• not all, but I'd say 75%

• As the others have said you can't clump men into one category. Nor can you do the same with women.Its also worth mentioning to add to other users point that when a man sleeps around and guys find out they congratulate him on all his hard work. Because not to start an argument or anything but it is a lot harder for men to get layed. They also toss in a few tips and things to watch out for in the future, but they are generally really happy that this guy got layed especially when they hear it was a good catch. High fives, beers and laughs go around and as a result he gets called a stud because he has some awesome new found care free confidence in himself that is now projected to the viewing females.Then you look at women and you are questioning why society labels you as a "slut" if you sleep around a lot. Well, its fairly simple. No offense to you ladies, but your own gender is the first to act and dispute this topic. I see it all the time, girls are usually the first ones to toss around the words "slut, whore, skank, bitch" to each other usually when an argument or disagreement arises, then drama and rumors occur. Negative things become associated with her to the clueless viewing males.

• i don't do that and the women who do are just a bunch of self-righteous assholes. I know tons of guys who call girls sluts.

• I agree up the point that you shouldn't generalize all men like that.

• Well there is that unfair double standard I think you are referring to when a man sleeps around it is like a badge of honor but when a woman does it she's a whore. It isn't fair to group all men together though because not all men try to get under every skirt they see.

• A key that opens every lock is the master key. A lock that gets opened by a lot of keys is a sh*tty lock. (This is just for the lulz)But no, I don't agree, because you're lumping all men into the same category. There are certain men that sleep around, and certain women that do, and they have the same morals. But this is the logical equivalent of saying all guys are sluts, when they are clearly not.

• I agree with jap88 100% :)

• this isn't the first time I've heard the analogy. it's just a really dumb one that makes no sense.

• Certain people have selective reading skills. I doubt anything beyong the first paragraph was read.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 15

• PFFFFThats a hillarious way to put itBut so true xDIt makes sense I mean guys who sleep with a lot of women are only awesome between guysMost girls find that disgusting and disrespectful :/And I disagree with some people saying that girls call sluts the other girls that they hateId label some of my best friends sluts :/

• I think that's an unfair judgement, the morals of a MAN , so what..all men are sluts? I understand what you're saying ,however you worded this incredibly incorrectly, you've just assumed that ALL MEN are and will act like this.I personally don't agree with labels like slut/skank ect, I don't see it as being slutty I see it as enjoying sexual relations and there is nothing wrong with that as long as you're being healthy/safe. So NO, A slut is NOT just a woman with the morals of SOME men!I know my answer probably isn't one you're looking for, but the best thing about this website is ,you can give your view without negativity thrown at you. You asked, I answered =]

• Yupp I understand it completely, because that's how I am too ^^

• I agree to that statement. When guys fool around with lots of girls, their guy friends think it's cool. On the other hand, when girls fool around with lots of guys, their reputation is automatically destroyed? I'm not a 'slut' myself. Although I do not agree with the choices of these girls, I won't insult or bash them unless they really do something to make me go, "What?!" I think maybe the reason why these types of girls get bad raps is maybe because the girls with the boyfriends view them differently and have a fear that they will get dumped by the guy for a 'sluttier' girl. Guys probably give these girls more attention, because of the way they behave and dress. Use protection. Don't go after a girl's boyfriend. Or a woman's husband.(I remember reading posts like this a while back.) That is just really low. I think less of a girl though if she dresses indecently(which is a sin, I guess. I looked up a list of sins and one of them was dressing indecently. I didn't even know that was a sin. There was a bunch of other stuff on there that I was surprised to see on there.) ,or I think less of a girl if she goes after a girl's boyfriend, wears a lot of make up, grinds against a guy when dancing,(This is cool? How is that cool? It boggles my mind.), or if she dances provocatively. I don't think young people-preteens/kids in high school should have sex-there I said it! I don't think they are mature enough-their brains are still developing, the decision-making part of their brain isn't fully developed yet. Not all teens are sexually active-I'm a teen myself, and I just can't imagine high schoolers doing it. I don't know-I might be a prude. Oh, well. But that's all I have to say.

• My ex called a friend of mine a slut because she's slept with 8 peopleShe's 27Was in a 5 year relationshipA 7 yearAnd some that lasted a few monthsShe's only had two one night standsMy ex was 23And slept with 6, 3 were one night standsHow was she a slut and him not- he has 4 years and can't sleep with more than one person or he'll be equal to her amount of sexual partners. Then there's just making outShe's at 19 counting her sexual partners He's says he can't remember exactly but the last number he knows for sure was 42 because it was his previous ex

• not true.

• That exactly it. I dnt think that a girl who f*cks who she wants when she wants should really be called a slut these days I would call her an empowered woman!

• Ok I'll just repeat myself in a different way so maybe you'll understand...I'm saying what would have been termed a slut once is now what I would term an empowered woman.

• that's what a slut is

• sexist double standards honey. welcome to my world. lol

• i don't know about anyone else, but a slut is a slut man or woman

• What do you mean by morals? why does someones decision about sex have to do with morals? if someone f***s 50 people. and is a human rights advocate, and someone else is a virgin but makes money off of child slavery.. who do you think is immoral?I think a women who has lots of sex is a woman who has lots of sex. A man who has lots of sex is a man who has lots of sex. Because their exists lies about women, lacking natural sexual proclivity, does not mean you need to play along and use a mans sexuality as the standard of sexuality. She is not a woman h has sex like a man. she is a women. Men are socially expected to have lots of sex. Women not so much. That is not the same as what women desires to do- or does with her own body. Ethics are legally based. Morals are personal.I think you should establish what you mean by morals first because we probably do not all have the same view. I do not think it is immoral to have sex, nor do I think women act like men in having lots of sex. I think there are very pervasive lies about women and sexuality.

• Ethics are based on what is culturally acceptable; Morals are based on what is personally acceptable.My point was what does she mean by morals of a man. Expectations by whom? Actually, In this case, I am more interested in what does she mean by Man..

• I aggree with you execpt for this "Ethics are legally based" I copied this from dictionary.com (I didn't see anything about legality)( used with a singular or plural verb ) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture. 2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics. 3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence. EXPAND

• i do think if a women has a good lets say and sleeps with different men but keeps he lady like and succeful composure in the public people wouldn't really get on her or even care to be honest it. it think it matters how you go about it. if you are lady like in public and a freak in the private of your own home people just don't care

• Umm not all men are sex feinds that wanna get with as many chicks as possible, a slut is a slut and a man-whore is a man-whore. No relation other than maybe sex-addiction and diseases

• true

• you forgot to mention little to know standards, that is what makes them sluts and man-whores

• lol just speaking my mind XD

• Show Older
  • i agre... ima b straight forward I sleep around A LOT and don't give a sh*t pple call me a slut and stuff but I don't care... but if a guy does it he's the man... f*** that

• lacon22s- not everyone wants a man.. do you?

• not hating on you at all, if you wanna get some, get some, but your gonna be the same chick in 5 years crying how your man left you or you don't got a man

• exactly... thank you : )

• Show Older
  • yes very true most men are really whores but they don't consider themselves sluts because they have a d***

• very true, having a vagina and not a penis is in the definition but that's doesn't mean we can't be man-whores and I don't know about most guys being man-whores

• i know a lot of men and most men I know are whores

• You don't know very many men in the world outside the interwebs do you?

• Yeah I think that and hate it how it's 'cool' for a lad to sleep around but if a lass f**is half as many people then she is a 'slag'

• I hate it when a girl hits a guy and no big deal even if it wasn't even justified but if a guy even slaps or grabs a girl no matter the cirmstances he is a "women beater"