Don't girls want to hook up JUST as much as guys do?

What's the deal? If they're attracted to you and (so I've seen on this website) most girls like sex just as much as guys, why are girls hesitant to hook up?

Most Helpful Girl

• We know guys resent us after they get a piece, because we get attached and that ruins their easy going fun.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 24

• Girls get emotionally attached more easily, so it's harder for them to distinguish "just a hookup" from something more-- and most girls want the relationship to go with the hookup. They love sex, but they don't want it without the relationship.

But that's "most" girls. I know PLENTY that are perfectly fine with having just the sex/hook-up, and many that prefer sex with no strings attached, myself included (I personally think "friends with benefits" CAN work...but only for brief periods of time).

• and the f***ed up part is, that most women think that all guys are the same... which can be a total downer if you're someone like me :-(...

• meaning you would rather have the relationship or just the hook-up? I think most women know that not all guys are the same, but it's hard to distinguish if you haven't known someone for very long.

• No..they do not.

Well not me anyways.

But some do...just like some guys don't.

• I think most of us are just afraid of feeling used. Even with just a one night fling, girls need a bit of romance. Sex alone just doesn't quite do it for us.

• Many of Women seem fond of saying they do not want sex only because they will fall in love, get attached and want to be the guys one and only sex slave for life- I call bullsh*t.

These same Women probably would say they had to eat the ice cream because they needed to feel the love of chocolate. REASON. ACCOUNTABILITY. SELF CONTROL. It works.

Just like you can fight the urge to f*** anyone that turns you on. and you can fight the urge to become a pile of sobbing desperate mush post sex.

dont have sex with a guy you have feelings for be the same for a guy, if he is having sex with a girl he is actually in love with.

getting attached is volitional just like having sex, eating , being nice, being an asshole, working hard, being lazy, being ignorant, thinking about what you do why you do it and if you should do it, is a choice. People are not helpless to their chemicals-- just go do something else and leave it be.

My guess is women do not have random sex as much as guys, even tho MANY would be happy to-because women are sexual beings- is because:

1, guys many guys have a rule about not dating a girl who has slept with more than a few or one or no guys. So if the girl thinks she may one day want a boyfriend -even if not now-she avoids ruing her reputation, for what she sees as a greater value. Later.

#2. Girls are considered sluts if they have sex with too many guys. (too many is subject to change at any time at any place by ay human being)

#3. Women who engage of lots of sex are considered lacking in self control. Women themselves, make this prejudice worse, by saying that they have no self control, had to have sex & now have to marry the guy because he is the one guy in the world for them & his d*** is the only d*** in the world for them & they NEEED him.

#4. You never know how a stranger will act,

>>There is always the possibility he will flip & turn psycho, rape her or try to preform very painful acts. Abduction as well- also a possibility. Men are often larger than women, so women are automatically at a bit of threat. He may also just not know how to use his jimmy & be a horrible painful lay.

#6. STDS STDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDSSTDS -Seems obvious, yet, some people still miss this point.

>> Some sting, some ache, some maim, some kill.

#7 PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY

PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY

PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY PREGNANCY - That ones obvious too.. and yet..

>> A Women may be unable to get an abortion. Most often a guy is unwilling to help out with child support.

• I can list a few reasons why girls are ulikelier than guys to just stick their thingy in another thingy as often as a guy, here goes

1. sanitation reasons, who knows where that things been?

2. pregnancy

3. std (HIV/ AIDs risk, gonorhea etc)

4. social context, social paradigms

5. gossip

6. reputation

7. hygiene

8. health reasons, some mentioned above and others

9. change in family or social dynamics maybe depending on culture

10. resulting emotions

11. it is often emotion for girls than it is for guys sometimes

12. some prefer to have a relationship first

13. some would rather it be meaningful

14. some need to know the guy first before hooking up

15. does this guy hook up with everyone, do I want to be part of it? probably not.

16. other reasons I can't think of in 30 seconds as I submit this answer..boom

More from Girls
19

What Guys Said 4

• They're afraid of looking like or feeling like sluts.

Guys can f*** as many girls as they want and they're called a playaaa while girls are considered sluts. What a load of bull. Personally, I don't care how many guys a girl has slept with, as long as she's taken the right precautions. It only makes her better in bed, which is just fiiine by me! 8D

• Reading some replies I agree about the psycho aspect, this could apply to both male and female by the way.

Women can be as horny as men and why not hook up and have fun together.

STI's are also a worry so practice safe sex or pleasure each other in different ways.

I get distressed when lusty women are branded as whores or sluts just because they have a healthy sex life. Life is too short.

• Girls and guys simply do NOT have the same drive for casual sex. You have to think of how we've evolved - men can father a child every 20 minutes, women can have a child every 2 years are so. So as a guy, the instinctive part of your brain is thinking 'is this the hottest girl I can get ... at this moment'. A girls instinctive brain is saying 'are these the best genes I can get in the next 2 years, cause if not, I might as well keep looking and maybe get someone better or at least a guy who is gonna stick around and help raise the kid'.

For the right guy, sure, girls want NSA sex (though they'd almost always take a relationship with that guy too). For guys, morality aside, they'll screw the fat waitress who works the late shift if nobody will know and its been a while.

• Guys have a physical need to have an orgasm. That is what relieves the intense desire to hook up. Might have to do with the pressure from built-up prostate fluid or something related. But it is an intense need to get a release. Once you get that release, you feel fine. Until the next time...!

• bullsh*t you can jerk off. stop blaming biology. you want sex because you want sex, you don't need it.