Why do guys like hairless girls? Like, 50 years ago it didn't matter?

I remembered my teacher telling me like 50+ years ago no one shaved, and the guys and girls did not mind. Why do they mind now?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all because of the media. The media is to blame. It's definately because of the razor commercials, telling you to shave. And because guys see girls that shave their legs all the time, and they like seeing bare skin.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 17

• Heck, 30 years ago it didn't matter, and it still doesn't matter to me. I think it's odd-lookin and maybe a bit creepy. Certainly not attractive in any way. Oh well, the older I get, the younger everyone else is.

• Technology makes it very easy for girls to shave now. Also: It was preferred that a girl, in history, was on the meatier side and now it's preferred that she be slim (as the media portrays). It's dependant on the times and the collaborative public opinion.

~Distant

• Well, in the earl 1900's it was deemed offensive for a woman to show her legs. Well, pretty much any flesh really. Times have changed, and now it's acceptable to go out bare legged.

Now then, for the science part.

Men are programmed biologically to go for youth. And if you look at the fashion industry for women, it's geared to make women look younger.

The make up you wear, it's to make your eyes look bigger than they are. Big eyes are a sign of youth. Lipstick, to make your lips look fuller. again another indicator of youth. Clear skin. well, you're getting the idea about foundation, concealer, and most of all "photoshop". :)

With regards to hairless legs, well, isn't that also a sign of youth. Likewise with armpit hair.

As for Brazillians. Well, I think that is pushing the jailbait look a little too far. But in essence, that is what the fashion industry is pushing women towards.

• What's attractive and what isn't changes with time. Couple of centuries ago fatter women were seen as attractive because it showed they were well fed, had money, showed her status.

In Tudor England (1600's) people used to deliberately rot thier teeth because they knew caused it and sugar was expensive, showed status.

In the 17-1800's men wore wigs and had longer hair

It's all to do with time and environment. Society unfortunately deems what is and isn't attractive. It's almost like having a fashionable appearance/body

• also tanning,

it was seen as a negative thing because it meant that

one worked outside/in the fields, pale skin was seen as attractive.

now, tanning is attractive, seen as one has leisure time, money, etc..

• *knew sugar caused it and sugar was expensive

People with tans have money?!?! Sunbeds are dirt cheap lol, you don't need a holiday in Greece for the perfect tan you know :)

• So then this too shall pass? Probably not in our lifetimes.

• girls are beutiful. smooth, sexy, soft. the contour of a womens body, the small of your back, the little spot just barely below your belt line, its all sexy. men love to see that. long smooth sexy legs. there's a lot of places on a womens body that turn us on. being all hairy instead of smooth is definitely not sexy. soft skin for us to touch and kiss. :) if we wanted hairy we would be gay. yuck. a girl that smells good is sexy too.

More from Guys
12

What Girls Said 9

• bombarding images every that convey shaved legs or arms are the essences of beauty and that is why to some extent there is an expectation guys and girls are shaved, and of course people have different preferences.

• If you don't mind me asking, why was your teacher telling you that in the first place? Was it a Sex and Sexuality class?

• bc its what we're used to now. they also dressed differntly and spoke differently. had different ways that we would find odd.

• sociatal standards change its just the way things work...50 years ago a lot of things were different

• i don't know I think its a new trend that will go away after a while or maybe its because guys don't like getting hair in their mouth when they go down there...

More from Girls
4