Why won't my boyfriend kiss me in public!?

My boyfriend only holds my hand if I hold his first...he very rarely even initiates a kiss and if he does it's a peck. if we make out I ALWAYS have to be the one to make the move. especially in public. he will be very shy and timid and TRY to hug me then stop..then get closer to me and stop...then I grab him and hug him. the other day we were at a bar together and I grabbed his face and was going to kiss him but he blushed and turned away giggling. I don't get it! tomorrow is our one year anniversary, he is 25 and I'm 26. I'm not ugly at all, I have a pretty face and pretty blond hair, SURE I'm not the skinniest girl in the world but I'm not overweight either. I'd like to think I'm good looking but him acting this way has made me start thinking maybe I'm not good looking at all.

in the bedroom he gets turned on very easily by me and I mean very easily so there's no problem there it's mostly in public. he SUCKS at PDA. and thing is, he used to be all cuddly with one of his exes in public, and I was told he even had sex in front of some people at a party with another ex before! now the latter of the two is a liiiittle too far for me but I'd at least like him to hug me more and kiss me in public and not be so weird about it! I have told him I'm sad he isn't more publicly affectionate with me and still..he's shy. why would a guy be this way? why would a guy go from having SEX on the couch with his ex with people around at a party, to not even wanting to kiss me with people around? what should I do? I really thought I wasn't that bad looking at all...maybe I'm wrong?

sorry for double post <3 <3

Most Helpful Guy

• This reminds me of an episode of That 70's Show. Red Foreman's wife, Kitty Foreman is upset because she remembered that (when they were younger and before they dated) that Red passionately kissed and groped his old girlfriend in a theater but Kitty never got any of that.

He explains that he loved and respected Kitty far too much. His old girlfriend was just a "booty call" kind of girl but the thing he had with Kitty was special.

• lol I saw that one. I think they went to the movies that night ;)

• lol that episode was really funny

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 17

• Maybe he's regretful for all that crazy stuff he did, and he's found someone who really matters so he doesn't want to screw things up?

• I personally don't like to kiss in public. I'm just too conservative to find it appropriate, not for myself, at least. A lot of guys are that way. I can't really see the need to periodically kiss my girlfriend in public, to what? Show everyone that I really am dating her?

Perhaps he's grown more reserved since his last relationship and no longer thinks that kind of public behavior is necessarily model behavior.

• Im sure it has nothing to do with your looks :) why do girls always jump to that? It could just be your special in his heart and he wants to take it slow or he is nervous. :)

• What's so wrong on kissing on public? I totally love it, I do french kiss in front of whoever is watching me cause I simply don't give a f*** however if the guy you're with doesn't like to be kissed in public then he's emberassed of being stared at while getting kissed. He's inhibited apparently.

• idk because he used to do it with his ex and had sex in front of people with her, that's the only thing I don't get. weird.

• Then I think he's not considering you that attractive.

• idk why he'd think that because I'm the best looking girl he's ever been w...he used to be really fat and not know how to match clothing so he could never get hot women... lol

• i personally am not into pda. I think that's something personal the whole world's business.

maybe in your bf's case, he realized now that he does not like all that pda?

More from Guys
12

What Girls Said 12

• Prehaps he doesn't like 'Public displays' of affection, and he wouldn't be the only one. What's he like when you are alone? is he more into it then? If he is then I would say this was the case.

If he isn't, then I would slightly question why?. Some people just aren't like that, some just like the kissing and hugging here and there, doesn't have to mean anything, its just the way they are.

Asking him about it would help to clear your mind..

• please try to refrain from posting the same question twice. I answered your other one already.

• i posted this one like 4 days later because I didn't get any answers at the time. I clicked "make feature question" and waited I think 2 days and it never cameup so I thot I'd repost to see if I'd get answers. I guess when I went outta town for the weekend it got featured <3 sorries

• its cool, just remember to try to wait a few weeks before reposting

• its probably ot personal, some guys ae just so shy

• he could be really shy. I steal kisses from my boyfriend and he loves it. every guys is different.

• That's not right. There is defiantly something wrong with a guy who won't give you at least a little PDA. I hate to break it to you, but if this guy claims he is "shy" it is a complete load of horse sh*t if he has had sex in public before. I think he's either not into you, hiding or is guilty about something. Have you tried talking to him? Try asking him about the couch incident and see what he says about it. If he can't come clean with you it might be time to consider breaking it off.

More from Girls
7