Is my girlfriend a slut?

My girlfriend is 24 and said she has had sex with 16 different guys (and yes, I believe that is her ACTUAL # and not divided by three or anything... Show More

No, she doesn't gloat. The exact opposite actually, she is ashamed and hates talking or thinking about it. It really upsets her. She says that she has changed and that behavior is in her past and I believe her. But I just can't stop thinking about it, I know it probably shouldn't bother me so much, but it does.

Most Helpful Girl

• So, you're having an emotional reaction to her sexual history. Can you identify what, specifically, is making you feel that way?

I mean, imagine if you hadn't been in a long-term relationship through most of your twenties, would you have slept with more girls? Would you have limited yourself to a certain number under 16? I guess what I'm getting at is: Are you holding her to a different standard than you would have held yourself to?

And saying "If we were to stay together and get married that mouth would have to kiss my kids" is just immature. I imagine you're getting at the fact that she's probably had oral sex with other men. We both know that "d***" doesn't stay on someone's mouth after they've given oral sex. It's not like she hasn't brushed her teeth since she's done it, and would it really make a difference if she had been with only, say, 5 guys?

I imagine you kiss her on the mouth, too. If you really believed this, you wouldn't kiss her, and you wouldn't kiss your own children because you've probably had 8 different vaginas on your mouth. And you wouldn't let her give you oral sex, because in essence, she'd be sucking your d*** and then kissing your kids with the same mouth.

Your girlfriend has more sexual experience than you. So what? You said that you love her and believe she loves you and wouldn't cheat on you. My guess is that the only problem here is that you need to stop being insecure and holding her to different standards than you'd likely hold yourself to. Otherwise, you're letting something petty come in between you and a (I assume) great girl.

• its not immature you really need to stop name calling not everybody is OK with being with women that did this kind of stuff and it doesn make them immature

• Show Older
    • I didn't call him immature, I said the particular statement he made was immature. I explained in my answer why I didn't think there was good logic behind the statement he made (which is why I think it's immature). People can choose whether or not they get offended by something.

No where in my answer did I say his preferences were immature, however, people CAN have immature preferences, in my opinion, if they don't have good reasoning behind their preference.

• those are called phobias not immaturity