GF doesn't know how to ride on top during sex, it's very awkward. What do I do?

So I'm always on top, because she doesn't know the motions of being on top and riding me. She jus keeps moving back and forth instead of going up... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Maybe try it slightly differently to start with.

Being on top is a very ... open position for girls. Guys can see everything and it can make even the most confident girl feel self conscious, especially if she doesn't know exactly what she's doing.

Instead of lying down, perhaps try it so you're sitting up, on the couch, or against the back board of the bed or something, and have her straddle your lap.

This way there's still a closeness between you, she's not as exposed, so there's one less thing to worry about, and it's easier to move from the knees than from a crouched position - I don't know how you were trying it before.

Also - in this position, moving back and forth should also have a similar effect of her going up and down, so she can switch between the two before she better gets the hang of it. And hey - a little variety is always good.

Also placing your hands on her hips and gently, physically, guiding her can be a huge help - plus she has you for support. Maybe she just feels a little daunted by the prospect of doing all the work, so let her know you're there to help in simple ways like that.