Does it hurt girls with large breasts to run or exercise?

I have heard a few girls claim it hurts them to run no matter what sport bra they use. Does a treadmill help or not? Can a girl with large breasts use an elliptical and be comfortable and not hurt her breasts? Does swimming hurt a girl with large breasts? Does weight lifting hurt a girl with large breasts?

In general what exercises hurt a girl with large breasts and what exercises don't hurt her breasts? And are large breasts a curse or a blessing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I have larger breasts and after a while, yes it does start to hurt. Treadmills tend to make them hurt more and faster. After about 25 minutes of running, my back starts to hurt and I kind of have to hold my boobs up while running. haha. Ellipticals are much better because you aren't bouncing up and down as much and so it doesn't hurt your back. Swimming doesn't hurt because the water just glides over them. And it doesn't hurt to weight lift. Sports bras don't really help a ton either-- which sucks.

In general, running or jump roping (any activities that causes them to bounce a lot) tend to hurt them. Any activity that doesn't cause them to bounce and hurt your back is good. And large breasts can be both a curse and a blessing- just depending on the situation.

• Great response, and great question. Very mature tone. My only question for you anonymous 147 is your height, and your breast size, if that isn't too intrusive. I have a friend who's a probably 5-foot, with DD, so I was wondering how exercise, pain, and all that changes from height and size.

• I used to get made fun of in middle school because I always had to hold my boobs at PE. Ha. Gotta love middle schoolers.

• It hurts either way if you have big breasts and are under 6'0 I think. It doesn't hurt everyones back. I have large breasts and I am short but my back hurts more when I stay sitting in one place for to long then when I exercise or do cardio.