• Ask
  • myTake

Skinny vs Curvy, Thin vs Thick etc?

I do not know how to put this without sounding like a female dog, but do girls not know the difference between skinny, average, chubby, overweight... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Personally I think it's just not worth getting involved with the drama of head cases anymore. I've come to believe that when girls talk about crap like that, they're just fishing for compliments usually and I just don't want to deal with girls who are that insecure because it usually goes hand in hand with other mental problems that make me not want to associate with them at all in order to keep my own stress level down.

What Guys Said 6

• I completely agree with you.

• Pretty much the same. It's a truism that people want to be accepted as they are, warts and all. However, it seems that we also conflate being accepted with our faults as being treated as if we are flawless. People don't simply want somebody saying "I love you, despite your faults." Rather, they want "I love you because you are perfect!" They, on some level, believe that a healthy relationship can only exist when both partners believe the other one to be perfect. As it stands, it seems that the group whose opinion matters most are people's actual or potential romantic partners.For evolutionary reasons, women to a large degree rate men as potential mates on their potential as providers (this is why having a fancy car/expensive clothes does help a man pick up women - and don't say it doesn't work, it does). This results in men who complain about how harsh society/women is - a guy with no money and no job complaining about how society/women is so harsh to deadbeats, a guy without ambition complaining about society's/women's cruel treatment of slackers. Similarly, men rate women as potential mates based largely on their looks. So it results in unattractive women complaining about society's/men's cruel treatment of the ugly.

• But honestly, it isn't even about men, it's about women. WOMEN attack women for their weights, WOMEN attack women for their body shapes, WOMEN glamorize one body type over the other. Women are evil female dogs. It's not even about unattractive/ugly, it's about women's insecurities and the insecurities women bring upon other women.

• Show Older
    • And women attack men if you want to call it that.

• Not to mention, men can be even be cruel to men on the level of penis envy or size complex... Women are 10X more on the same token... People are mean toward each other on the basis of body or whatever the case may be.

• thick, curvy, fluffy, etc. = fat.I like slender girls with decent curves.

• So point being, you like slender girls with CURVES. Curvy doesn't equal fat, curvy is a body shape

• Show Older
    • Regarding the above comments: I was blown away when I first discovered users on gag who throw around curvy as a euphemism for fat. Being curvy has nothing to do with how fat or skinny a girl is.

• Back to my post on the same sh*t, they call themselves "curvy" because they are euphamistically trying to say they are fat. Personally, I think dating sites should have visual diagrams of body shapes to determine what their physique entails, anmd moderators to change it if they are misrepresenting themselves... But then again, liars would not like it...

• My opinion is, its in the eyes of the beholder. Everybody has preferences. But if you are talking about men in general, men prefer the fit type of woman. Like Rosie Huntington, FHM's #1 Sexiest Woman of 2011. Its like saying men should have abs. Yes, there was once a time in the history of our race, that all of the men at that time, had abs of steel. I mean I have them, but its super hard to maintain them because my diet has to be pure. I don't drink, I dnt smoke I don't do drugs. Its hard to maintain my battle armor. That being said, the majority wins over the minority, ALWAYS because the majority outnumbers the minority. Majority: Fit, skinny, average womanMinority: Curvy, overweight, thick, fat

• You do understand skinny girls CAN be curvy and you seem to be one of the ignorant individuals who doesn't understand curvy is body shape, such as hourglass. Sorry to say, but I don't think a dude will choose a skinny ruler shaped girl over a skinny hourglass shaped girl. Curvy is NOT a euphemism for "fat" it is a body shape

• Show Older
    • Because skinny women can be hourglass shapes or pears, they can also be curvy. I personally consider fit to be athletic, as if we were talking about the athletic body type

• Exactly.I prefer athletic build anyway... Let's just say when the summer olympics are playing, I can not look at the womens' swiming or highdive... LOL

• Remember my post? I was asking the same thing but in a different way...As I said to you before, I agree with you even this time.

What Girls Said 4

• That women are as stupid over their body size as men are over their p*nis size.Skinny vs curvy is like length vs girth.

• That too, those questions(penis) annoy the poop outta me also

• Most girls will never be fully confident with their bodies. But the thing they need to understand is that your body does not define who you are. That whole "real women have curves" crap is bullsh*t, just like when people say beautiful is model stick thin. Real women are confident, independent, and strong. It has nothing to do with their body. At least in my opinion it doesn't.

• While I don't condone the whole "real women have curves" it seems to me as though skinny women lack brains. As though they can't understand, that was aimed towards the modeling industry, because everywhere in society, skinny IS accepted and IS admired and IS adored, especially in the fashion/modeling industry. It was made because a lot of women trying to get into that industry would starve themselves, and when you develop an ED you can cause organ failure including loss of curves and periods

• LMAO, you snapped!

• I'm a girl (clearly :P), and I understand it. I'm not an idiot, or overly-emotional. Society gets to us all in one way or another, we just have to deal with it.