Why do guys dump girls just because of sex?

Why is sex so important to them?

if the girl doesn't want to have sex he will just dump her, even if everything else was going great... I don't get it.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think sex is a healthy and important part of a relationship - and if you're saying 'never' to a guy, or 'only when absolutely necessary' then they're most likely not going to be thrilled by the idea.

If you're just asking a guy to wait for sex until you feel connected enough to him - then there are plenty of guys who are willing to wait around. Look at it this way - there has to be something to define you from his female friends. I mean, yes, it's a different relationship, a closer sense of togetherness and stuff, but the physical act of intimacy for most people in a relationship is just another way of expressing that. And it's an enjoyable way of doing it.

The guys that dump girls because they aren't ready for sex yet, probably weren't that into the girl in the first place, and weren't looking for such a long lasting, substantial relationships. But guys that break-up with a girl who says sex is completely off the cards - to me, that's pretty understandable. For the most part, they're not going to be happy - they're going to be wanting more, and knowing it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't date a man who said sex was off the cards forever, or only for the means of reproduction. It's an important part of a relationship to me; not 'the' most important, but important all the same.

What Guys Said 8

• Yep, well actually I won't dump her. I won't get into a relationship until after sex, saves me from this kind of crap where everyone looses out.

Like why bother with a relationship if there's no sex? What's the point? You can get all the emotional connection you want from a freindship. So why bother with an exclusive relationship?

This baffles me forever more :).

• no he won't dump them if everything else is going great most guys just find some unattached girl to have sex with cause we feel like its a need lol

but of course there are exception some guys can wait it out untill your ready assuming your not that chick from another question that said she never wants to have sex...then a guy would have nothing to look forward to intamacy wise and that would kill half the relationship

• I think women should be thanking God that men like sex so much. What other reasons could we possibly want to do with women other than have sex? Think about it for a minute... none. The day all men stop thinking of having sex with women is the day women lose their power over men.

• i agree if a guy doesn't want sex then the possibility of him taking the time out and gathering the courage to approach a find girl to even try and start a relationship significantly goes down

• Love is a term as vague as cheating or fat. There are different levels and each person can't agree on what the true definition is. Most people don't know love and most guys confuse love with lust. Men have been programed for procreation (well sex). Just look at all the penis size questions, that is their primary concern. Sex sells in advertising and it's all around. Take that thought out of men and who knows what might happen. Why is this such a difficult pill to swallow?

• So you're saying guys are not able to love or feel an emotional connection? Condolences...

• Show Older
  • I am not sure what you are getting at...waiting for sex if fine...but I will not accept or tolerate "never"

• Why would a girl dump a guy because of the lack of emotional attachment? Why is emotion so important? I don't get it.

We all can take so much of a lack of sexual attention.

• last sentences is gold! ZING!

• Thank you Toulouse.

Sex is very important. It completes the puzzle of emotional attachment between two people. We don't have sex just to have sex, we have it to share emotions and share each others bodies to the most intimate. We have sex to share feelings and make the other person feel nice and confident about himself as well to give pleasure. It does a person good to feel wanted and needed sexually and improves mental health, which by the way, explains your attitude.

• you do not decide to have emotional connection. you have it or you do not- based on experiences together including from sex too. and if it is not there why would you even be dating. just f***. ons.

A person does not dump anyone for sex unless # lied & said # did not want sex. or ## lied & said ## did. then # dumped ## for ## lying or # lying. not sex.

no business being with a guy who wants sex if you do not & he has I business being with you. No one is RIGHT OR WRONG. you just want different things.

• Show Older
  • I wouldnt' dump a girl because of this. I'd just date other girls and have sex with them. But that should be fine with you since you never want sex anyway, so why would you care if the guy got it elsewhere?

• I MIGHT agree with what you're saying Cassie. QA may not be ready for sex and therefore may not want it and that's totally cool. If she doesn't want it she shouldn't have it. But she's saying she NEVER wants it--not that she wants it later. And to me that would only work if either the guy didn't ever want sex OR if he was able to have sex with other people and she was cool with that. And it would seem that she should be since she's not into it anyway.

• Maybe because she's talking about an emotional connection here? And your way of doing would destroy the emotional thing...

I think you're being to short. But I get your point, though. And I understand and agree on the fact that in a relation in which you're both ready for sex, it's necessary. But if you're not ready, you shouldn't want it.

• nope id hold on to that girl and try to win her heart so she can be the mother of my children

• thats fine got to stay true to yourself I have a lot of deal breakers that I won't budge on

• unacceptable? well I'm never going to let any man change my mind.

• o yeah well that's unacceptable

• Show Older
  • The older they get, the more they will do this. Some young guys are still operating under the brainwashing that if you 'love her you'll wait'.

Its not true. That's like saying if you are 32, want to get married and have kids, and your boyfriend wants to hang around, travel, maybe do some degrees, etc, you'll just wait indefinitely if you love him.

Life doesn't work that way. Relationships need more than love. They need some agreement about the type of relationship, some meeting of each others needs. Now this doesn't mean people should necessarily compromise on major things - but both parties need to make a decision.

For most guys, sex is one of the top three elements of a relationship. If that's true for a guy, and the girl he likes doesn't want to be sexual, then he should not pressure her, he should move on and find a girl who is looking for a more similar relationship then him.

• If you're asking me why, it just 'is'. Now I can _guess_ as to why men work this way:

We probably evolved to fall in love in order to raise children together. For a woman, having a loving male partner is always helpful - even if he's not the actual father of your children. For most of human evolution, men who _stayed_ in love without sex were raising other men's children, and died out of the gene pool. It only makes evolutionary sense for men to stay with women they are having sex with.

• its not important to me, I don't want it.

• @If that's true for a guy, and the girl he likes doesn't want to be sexual, then he should not pressure her, he should move on and find a girl who is looking for a more similar relationship then him.

exactly. but they should talk about it before it gets serious so no one s dumped over something that is not a character flaw or something horrible someone did. just different desires,.

i would like to know as well as QA, why sex IS so important to you/ not that it should not be. but why IS it?

• Show Older

What Girls Said 7

• I feel about the same way - I get that most guys want it, but it disgusts me. I wish a guy could say "never" to it, for me...

• You probably have genophobia and that's not healthy for ANY balanced human being so you basically need a therapist to overcome that fear since its all psychological and as far as the question goes I guess you got a lot of anwers on that. And sex is important to anyone it is a basic human need ,doesn't matter if you are a guy or a girl

• People want to be with someone that they're compatible with. There are many areas to consider when it comes to compatibility, and sexual compatibility is one of those things. Humans are sexual beings, so most people want sex (though our sex drives and feelings about sex vary (i.e. how often we want sex, what context we are willing to have sex in, such as some people wanting to wait until marriage, etc.)).

Some people are willing to wait as long as it takes for their partner to be "ready" to have sex, and some are only willing to wait a certain amount of time. That said, most people want to be able to have a sexual relationship with their partner, at least eventually. Sex isn't usually the MOST important thing to people in a relationship, but it is something that most people are looking to have as part of an adult relationship.

• Wait, you don't want to have sex ever? Do you like guys? That's so strange.. Lol... But why wouldn't you want to have sex... I mean it's totally understandable if you don't want to have sex now, maybe you arnt ready to take that huge step in a relationship and you feel like waiting... But to not want it at all ever in your life is something not even I would tolerate if my boyfriend was like that... So I don't think it's just guys that would do that... Maybe that's why they break up with you though... Because they know that no matter how hard they try and how long that they're with u, they will never be able to have sex with u... That's just silly to me, you should have sex once and then decide wether or not you want to abstain from it forever...

• no one dumps someone for one reason. if a guy dumps you for sex its because one or both of you lied in the first place ABOUT sex. not because of sex itself.

• I think that if he does that, not everything was going great. Since he didn't love her and just wanted sex. I don't think that's great in a relationship...

Wait until she's ready is real. If he loves you and really wants to be with you...

• She's saying she never wants sex. Most men would not put up with that. Her best bet would be to find a closeted gay guy.

• you should talk abut it before you get serious. maybe he is dumping you because you will not have sex. you are dating him , even tho he wants sex and you do not. look at both sides.

Why do not you just ask guys why sex is so important to them in a relationship. Because guys or women have sex or do not have sex, and wen people break up, they tell the truth , & they use excuses. You also ask this as tho ALL guys do this & they do not.

Anyways if you talk about it early on, & they say they will wait. then he dumps you ---the issue is they lied, NOT that they did not want sex.

BUT if you find out down the line you want different things, it is just that you have irreconcilable differences. you do not want sex-he does. you can't say he is WRONG. when you just want different things. take some responsibality. talk it out early on. so no suprises-no?