Why do guys dump girls just because of sex?

Why is sex so important to them? if the girl doesn't want to have sex he will just dump her, even if everything else was going great... I don't get... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think sex is a healthy and important part of a relationship - and if you're saying 'never' to a guy, or 'only when absolutely necessary' then they're most likely not going to be thrilled by the idea.

If you're just asking a guy to wait for sex until you feel connected enough to him - then there are plenty of guys who are willing to wait around. Look at it this way - there has to be something to define you from his female friends. I mean, yes, it's a different relationship, a closer sense of togetherness and stuff, but the physical act of intimacy for most people in a relationship is just another way of expressing that. And it's an enjoyable way of doing it.

The guys that dump girls because they aren't ready for sex yet, probably weren't that into the girl in the first place, and weren't looking for such a long lasting, substantial relationships. But guys that break-up with a girl who says sex is completely off the cards - to me, that's pretty understandable. For the most part, they're not going to be happy - they're going to be wanting more, and knowing it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't date a man who said sex was off the cards forever, or only for the means of reproduction. It's an important part of a relationship to me; not 'the' most important, but important all the same.