How do I stop being a prude?

I'm such a prude.., I think anything sexual is degrading, embarrassing and disgusting! I'm 21 and I'm too shy to even talk about sex when my friends do I get grossed out and embarrassed and think it's slutty of them to discuss it! I have to improve a bit or I'll end up being single for life! I've never had a boyfriend, and only been on 2 dates and I was too shy and nervous to even kiss!

Most Helpful Girl

• WOW. Have you ever thought about this as a more serious problem. Perhaps you had something in your past that happened to you to cause you to behave the way you do. This does not sound like normal behavior. It's either you're just a late bloomer or you have like a slight mental illness. Okay Those aren't the words I'm trying to find. I'm not a doctor so I'm not gonna diagnose you. Basically I think that this needs professional help. I don't think you can handle this situation on your own. Best of luck

• I was thinking that too. Perhaps you have had psychological damage? I've read articles about girls who, growing up, were always told my their parents how wrong sex was and even talking about it would send them to hell or something. Then when these girls were older, they still have this childhood fear of anyting sexual.

• Show Older
    • Well exactly you've had a bad history. You witnessed your dad in this abusive behavior and thus you may create this stereotype that all men are like this. Seeing this behavior could cause you to form this perspective subconsciously. If you think of men in a bad light, of course you wouldn't want anything to do with them espiecially share something as deep and personal as sex. You may not realize that you view men this way but you could and I think this whole depression and anxiety is definately

• a factor. I am also really shy and used to think sex was dirty but then was when I was a lot younger. I'm 17 now and don't think this way anymore. Maybe in time you will shake this off