Do you think a lack of sex can lead to mental health problems?

Do you think a lack of sex can lead to mental health problems? Are you convinced by studies which show people in better health after they've had sex?... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and I'm speaking from experience. I'm 24 and I've never had sex. I've been struggling with mental illness for years. I'm not saying that lack of sex is the sole cause, there's many other reasons also, but I feel that it is a significant contributor to the problem.

As wrong as it sounds, the (physical and emotional) affection of a woman would be a major boost to my confidence. I know you're not supposed to let your sense of self worth rely on validation from other people but I can't help but disappointed about it. Ironically, mental illness makes getting a girl much less likely.

It really bugs me that I'm so far behind everybody else but I'm not giving up. I'm getting help now. In about a month I turn 25 and I know it's going to be hard on me but I hope to get back on track and lose my virginity before I'm 26.

• Thanks for your inputs, appreciated!

• No problem. This is only my opinion, by the way. I'm not a doctor. I can't back it up.