Why can't my boyfriend get/keep an erection?

Let me just preface this by saying that I am not a teenager. I am 26 and he is 29. The first time we hooked up or should I say tried to hook up, he... Show More

I AM NOT A GUY! PS... This is a MALE/FEMALE relationship! Sorry!
I did contact them about changing my gender thankyou!

Most Helpful Opinion

• There are multiple reasons that a guy won't be able to get an erection.

1) Stress / Nervousness

It often happens that a guy can't get an erection in his first sexual experience, because of the nervousness. Even if he's not a virgin, it can still happen.

2) CNS Antagonists

The central nervous system (CNS) is what makes us feel our surroundings, and react to them by moving our muscles. Antagonist materials, such as alcohol, nicotine, ilegal drugs, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and other hormone-containing medicine can cause one to not be able to get (and/or sustain) an erection. They don't always have this effect, but it is possible.

3) Other factors

It might be a medical issue? May be he was distracted and/or not in the mood? We may never know.

Though, if he can get an erection when alone, then it's probably not a clinic issue.

*** He is probably embarassed about this, and his confidence might be shattered, so please act as naturally as you can, and blame neither him nor yourself. Don't go and question him about whether he uses anti-psychotics or not. If you ever bring up the subject, just tell him that it's normal and it could've happened to any other guy. Act as if you are talking about the weather, or some other natural and insignificant subject. ***