Is it wrong that I am avoiding telling my boyfriend that I'm waiting until marriage to have sex ?

So me and my boyfriend have been dating for a few weeks, we are both virgins but I know for a fact that he dose not plan to wait until marriage, but I am. He has not said anything to me directly that he wants me to have sex with him, but we have started to go farther as we are making out, not super... Show More

Is there any chance at all that he will not leave when I tell him?
* a resonable chance

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't make yourself feel bad or guilty for not saying anything so far.

Don't give up your values either.

You should feel fine to enjoy whatever you do with your boyfriend...and if you haven't reached the stage of going all the way (and you want to wait for marriage) that 'is fine. If it is so important to him, he will probably try to approach the subject sooner or later anyway...either talking or by trying things with you.

So you could just bring it up and tell him, or you could wait until you're near to that stage to start talking about it.

I don't think that is dishonest. To me, that's just taking a relationship step by step.

If he just wants sex, it would be clear that is his priority a lot sooner.

Also, I've heard of guys being OK with your values if they really want to be with you.

Other guys might also like you a lot but they just can't accept the idea of not having sex.

So, there is a chance he would not leave, but it all depends on him and what he's looking for.

Overall, don't worry about that. Don't allow yourself to feel bad about waiting! I have found that once guys mature they do appreciate a woman with values or who doesn't sleep around. And regadless of what a guy with think, you have to feel comfortable with your own self, and if you feel better waiting, then that's the bottom line. There are good guys, so if your boyfriend doesn't understand this, you will meet another great guy.

Good luck