Why don't men like condoms?

What's so bad about them? I don't see how it would make sex feel bad? You would still feel the pressure & rubbing on your genitals...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• They pull the "it doesn't feel as good" line.

Let's see:

-Takes 2 to have sex

-Takes 2 to create a child

-Takes 2 to raise a child

-Takes 2 who could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place

THEN they think that a woman having an abortion should be based solely on the guys desire

Both the girl and guy should do their part in regards to pregnancy prevention. He needs to wear a condom and the girl needs to take the pill, get the shot, use a female condom or get an IUD or implant.

• I agree with your last paragraph. The responsibility should be shared.

Plus, even though it really "doesn't feel as good", that is not a good excuse.

• 100% agree! Guys are selfish if they put all the responsibility onto the woman... Birth control can go wrong so condoms should be used as well. I would never go without a condom unless I was married and wanting kids.

What Guys Said 10

• I'll use a condom if the girl wants to, of course, or if I'm with someone new. But, for me, I don't like them because I can't feel how wet she is on my penis when I'm inside her.

• I once heard a great way to illustrate the point. Remember, you asked why men don't like condoms, so that's the question I'll answer.

Try stroking your arm with your opposite hand. Remember the feeling. Now try covering your arm with just a thin film of plastic, for example the type used to conserve food. Stroke your plastic covered arm with your opposite hand. Now please, tell me there's no difference.

I hope this answers your question.

• Well, we feel the pressure and the rubbing on the genitals when we masturbate, but masturbation doesn't make up for sex does it? So that argument is not valid.

And for the record, there is a difference.

About the argument that you wouldn't feel the difference... You didn't even try it and can comment about the difference and say that the people that did try it are false in saying that there is a difference? That sounds illogical.

Plus, about your comments:

Of course we would use condoms. Even though it sort of "dampens" the experience, it is better than catching a disease or getting the girl pregnant. We are not arguing about that. We are on the same page. Just because we complain about condoms doesn't mean we don't use them, so please stop saying "Guys just like to winge about things & they are selfish. Do you ever stop and think what's it's like for a woman to be on birth contol & all the things she has to put up with?"

• @ Question Asker: Whatever you want to believe. May be its "all in our head", may be we are lying, may be "it wouldn't feel THAT different", may be we "just like to winge", but we are DEFINITELY not right. Fine with me.

@ Evangelina: Oh OK, sorry then.

• I know, but I'm addressing that

• I just don't see how it would feel THAT much different... My vagina can't tell if it's skin or rubber... As long as it's hard then it feels good. I thought for guys, as long as it's tight & they can feel pressure then it would feel good for them too. How is a thin layer or rubber going to stop that? It's all in their head.

• Show Older
  • Umm.. what is so bad is that my skin is in contact with a piece of rubber instead of a girl's wonderful wet vagina tissue made just right to stimulate my penis like crazy. Even lots of girls on this site say sex without a condom feels better because it does! It isn't that most guys won't use a condom it's just that it isn't as good a feeling if we do use it. Personally I've went a long time without sex (almost two years) and I don't intend to do it again until I find a girl that wants to have a kid and will have sex without a condom because sex with a condom isn't that great, I would only want to use one if I wasn't totally comfortable with the girl.

• What are you talking about dude? lol I say I don't want to have sex with a girl until I meet one that wants a kid and will do it without a condom and you say I'm making excuses that won't wash away disease or unwanted pregnancy? I want a kid you dumbass and if I trust a girl I trust her if she tells me she has been tested and is clean or at least has never had any symptoms of sexual diseases. Sex with condoms is not as good as you admit, it's sad but true.

• Bullsh*t, most condoms are made out Latex and Lifestyles makes very good quality very thin condoms. Face it, guy, girls are getting wise to such bullsh*ters like you. Yes, natural will awalys feel better but that excuse of yours won't wash away disease or prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Buy a boc of LifeySyles Ultra Sensitive (and thin condoms and you'll be surprised that wearing condom isn't that bad.

• I could be mistaken, but I always thought girls disliked condoms as much as guys.

• You DON'T feel the pressure.

• No, I genuinely feel no pressure when having sex with a condom on. I just don't. I'm not trying to "justify" anything; I don't really care about your whole speech and comparison of the "TRIALS OF THE WOMAN"! I'll wear them anyway. Doesn't bother me. Just setting you straight.

• Please stop attacking the entire male population based on a few examples you have seen. Thank you.

• I don't see why not unless she was extremly loose! Your sticking your penis into a tight hole... You would feel pressure with or without a condom. Guys just like to winge about things & they are selfish. Do you ever stop and think what's it's like for a woman to be on birth contol & all the things she has to put up with?

• I imagine because they suck ass. It's like eating a nice tender steak with rubber covering your tongue. However, I see them as a necessary evil. If a guy is irresponsible enough to refuses to wear a condom, don't have sex with him.

• Hell, even if the pill had a 0 % failure rate, it would be a good idea to use condoms, as the pill doesn't do anything to prevent STD's.

• It's pretty much was kheserthope said. The condom absorbs some of the friction from the penetration they would have otherwise gone directly to the penis. Also, the wet feeling inside the vagina is also a pleasant feeling that is diluted when using a condom. They don't have taste buds, but they do have sensitive nerve endings. Like I said though, they are a necessary evil and a guy should wear one. The extra pleasure isn't worth the added risk of std's and pregnancy.

• Lol I think that's a bit over the top.. Your penis doesn't have taste buds! You would still feel the presssure and rubbing & guys still orgasm using them so they can't be THAT bad. Guys just like to winge about things. But your lucky all you have to use is a condom. Poor women have to take pills & get injections or things inserted into them & it gives them side effects, sometimes including loss of sex drive. So guys are better off in my opinion & they need to grow up!

• Show Older
  • You feel less.

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't wear them or anything, but it feels better without them. Really.

• I'd guess for the woman, its a slightly different texture rubbing against her, but for the man, all friction is between the outside of the condom and the woman, and then indirectly translated to his penis. So yes, there's less feeling.

• How? It's just a thin layer of rubber... I don't see why it would make it feel worse?

• It doesn't make sex feel bad, just less good. And not just for the guy.

• I wouldn't even notice if he had a condom on or not.

• When you wear a condom, sex does not feel as good. It feels much better with it off- it's more intense.

But there are new condoms out that are ultra thin that feel amazing.

What Girls Said 8

• Nothing replaces unprotected sex, sensation wise... Its just not the same, denying that fact is ridiculous.

• It's all in sensation. Nerve endings, lubrication. I can easily tell the difference, stop denying the truth even if it isn't "what should be said"

• How would your vagina even know the difference?

• its just not the same feeling. my guy has a harder time getting off when we have to use a condom. and it doesn't feel as good for me either for some reason. he discribed it as when you have to wear latex gloves but the are one size to small

• if he gets the next size up it will be to big and fall off. its still just that sensation having it over him even if its the proper size

• Well maybe he should wear a condom that fits him properly & he won't get that feeling.

• probably the same reason why we don't like pads or tampons ...its uncomfortable. A diaper and a pre-rape tool. Who would have thought.

But I mean we wear them anyway to prevent a leakage disaster...lol

So whatever there excuse is ...they should wear it anyway.

• It's weird some girls are fighting about this, seeing as how they don't have a penis. Therefore don't know...

you don't know what it feels like so quit tryin' to act like you do... >.>

• I just think it's a stupid excuse. Safety is more important.

• He'll I don't like it when guys use condoms either. Its not enjoyable to be f***ed by a peice of latex. But I don't see why there's a fuss about it because if your in a commuted relTionship it isn't a problem

• Exactly how do you know that all men hate condoms and don't want to use them. I think the real problem is that you are ignorant and you are dating the wrong guys. But yes, you can feel the difference between condom and no condom, unless you use k&y jelly or something

• I don't think I would even notice, as long as it's hard it would feel good. How do you even notice if it's skin or rubber anyway? I bet you wouldn't. It doesn't matter if it's a relationship, I think it's unfair how men expect us women to take all the responsibility of not getting pregnant... When it takes both of us to have sex & create a child, both should be taking responsibility... Because it's not uncommon for women to get pregnant on birth control. You shouldn't rely on it.

• They say it feel better without a condom on but most men come really fast with them on anyway so um apparently it doesn't feel that bad lol Men just want something to complain about. If it's so bad to have sex with a condom then move onto the next one and good luck with your new sti she's going to give you.

• Let's see

SEX with a condom

NO sex...period(cause they always claim it's not as easy to get as it is for girls)

• Lol I agree.

• i think they want the feeling that no condom gives. But a smart guy will use one to prevent std's and an unwanted pregnancy

• We have not been brainwashed. We are being smart. You could have an STD, most don't have symptoms and have you ever had your fertility tested?

• guys want the feeling of skin on skin contact but 5 seconds of pleasure isn't worth an std, hiv or unwanted child so wrap it up

• i agree! because they want things to "feel better" were the ones who have to deal with the pregnancy if we have one and having to make tough decisions on that especailly if he doesn't want to be in the childs life all because he wants it to feel better lol

• I agree. Men who refuse to wear them are selfish. Because it's more important to be safe.