• Ask
  • myTake

Why is my boyfriend so tired after sex and how do I stop it?

It's very annoying because after sex he is always so tired. I don't know what to do about it and it's very frustrating. I have heard having sex at... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Do you know how much work we have to do sometimes in sex?

• Very true...I agree though it's still frustrating.

• Show Older
    • I know this is horrible but we hardly have time for foreplay. It's usually "quickies" we have cause of it being a time issue though were really trying to work at this.

• That could be the problem. I think you both need to spend more time with it. Make it more enjoyable and fulfilling. Go away for a few days. Relax and spend TIME with sex

What Guys Said 7

• Date girls, or learn to live with it.

• Not sure why I'm getting downvotes.Men get sleepy after orgasm. This is simply a biological fact.

• I always get tired after sex. There's nothing you can do about it.

• It's actually due to a chemical release in the brain. I forget which neurotransmitter is released but after "finishing" this certain chemical is released in a guys brain and it makes him tired.He really can't help it.

• That I understand though even when he doesn't "finish" he is still tired and sleeps. Maybe due to the fact that it's very tiring for him :S

• Tell him to do more cardiovascular activities (ex, running bicycle, stairmaster) anything like that to increase his stamina, so that even after sex he will be less likely to become tired and sleepy, on top of that you can also ask him to take stimulants such as coffee, energy drinks, or even go so far as b12 capsules. But cut him some slack I'm sure he does a lot of work.

• link ...and they say men don't understand women LOL. It is quite the opposite in reality.

• what a hater, that sh*ts exhausting...if you do it right

What Girls Said 2

• unfortunately, there's nothing you can do! Apparently it's a technical thing, and guys can't help it. To be fair, all I ever want to do after sex is cuddle anyway, so me and my boyfriend often fall asleep afterward anyway, even during the day.But you could try doing it first thing in the morning? That works for some couples :)

• Having sex is like a workout and obviously you can get tired from it however, it's does not necessarily mean that he is just tired he's also relax because he got what he wanted.