My period smells really BAD - I don't know what to do. How do I use a tampon?

I can't hide the smell every time I shower I clean out down there it still stinks. I wear the scented kind of pads. I haven't learned to put a tampon... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• -Sit or stand in a comfortable position. Some women prefer to place one leg on the toilet seat or tub, while others prefer to squat down. After you find a position that is most comfortable for you, hold the tampon with the fingers that you write with. Hold the middle of the tampon, at the spot where the smaller, inner tube inserts into the larger, outer tube. Make sure the string is visible and pointing away from your body.

-With your other hand, open the labia (the folds of skin around the vaginal opening) and position the tampon in the vaginal opening.

-Gently push the tampon into the opening, aiming for the small of your back. Stop when your fingers touch your body and the applicator, or outer tube, is completely inside the vagina.

-Once the applicator or outer tube is inside of you, use your index finger to push the inner tube (the tube where the removal string is visible) through the outer tube. This pushes the tampon into the vagina.

-Once the inner tube is all the way in, use your thumb and middle finger to remove the applicator or outer tube. Make sure that the string hangs outside of the vaginal opening.

Using a mirror may help and a small amount of vaginal lubricant on the end of the tampon may also make it less painful.

There is a brand called femfresh - which makes sprays and whipes friendly for the genital are which are helpful with smells. Washing with water regulay is good - but don't put it inside the vagina. Wearing a tampon should also reduce the smell as blood isn't actually exiting the vagina.

It might be worth getting yourself checked out for a yeast infection just incase - because it can leave a stronger odor during periods. It's nothing to be worried about and completely common.

Asker upvoted
    • Thank you ! that helped alot!

• Not a problem :)