How did you first learn about sex?

Was it from your parents? Did you get "the talk"? Internet? TV?

Personally, sex was never ever a topic in my house growing up. When I was younger, around 13 or 14, I had a TV in my room, and I used to watch those learning channel shows about sex on low volume with subtitles so my parents wouldn't overhear. Hahah.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• There was no internet in the modern sense. Oh it existed but we didn't even have a computer in those days. Finding my dad's magazines were my main source of edutainment.

Now in my forties, with a daughter, and married, I wouldn't be surprised if my dad STILL thinks I'm a virgin.

What Guys Said 10

• The library; such things weren't discussed in my house, and when they were, it was the sort of sex-hating wackiness and bigotry I knew would lead me to a bad place.

• My dad told me when I asked him.

• My parents were nver very good at open conversation. I found out more from my friends older sisters than anyone else. When I was about 11-12 they taught me quite a lesson. No TV show could show what they did but they knew what to do to a horny boy. They were maybe 16 and 17. They gave me the "talk" you referenced. It was just a tease.

• I was in first grade. A kid in class told me a joke that I didn't get, so he had to explain it. I then proceeded to repeat said joke to our teacher. A nun. That didn't go over too well at home.

• This one time at band camp...

• Don't remember, I always knew about it though, even as a 4 year old and no am not joking. I probably have a suppressed memory or something haha

• In 4th grade, some kid said "Hey guys, I found out what sex is. It's where a man sticks his penis in a woman's vagina." We were all like "No way! That can't be right!" Then a couple weeks later we had sex ed.

• I knew where babies came from and how they were made when I was 6 or 7. My parents were honest and strait forward. But I gradually learned over time that adults did that for fun and tried not to make babies most of the time they did that.

• Crawled out of my crib and there was Naughty Nancy.. link

• Yeah same way as you. Tv chanels. Sex Ed In school is sh*t. Didn't teach me much.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't remember I just knew it seems. I'm really not joking it's weird I wondered the same thing one day.

• I was an avid reader, so my mum gave me a picture book when I was about 6 or 7 that explained it all. After that she asked if I had any questions, and the only question I had was 'why is the boy always on top?'

From then on I sorta just found out more through the internet and magazines and stuff. My parents always wanted me to ask them more questions and be more open about it all, but I much preferred to just research myself.

• through TV when I was like 13, my parents have never talked to me about it

• My older friends told me when I was about 8 or 9. When I was 12 I started looking up a lot of stuff on the internet. Never talked about it with my parents.

• The old fashion way, I found the old p*rn channels when they were channel 99 or 1. You could see the scenes through the snow. Lol, the picture would sometimes go chromatic and the snow would disappear for like 30 seconds.