Girls, why shave off ALL your pubes? Doesn't that make you look/feel like a prepubescent girl?

I can understand shaving around the pussy, especially if you enjoy receiving oral. And yes, bikini wax and trimming the mound for aesthetics makes sense. However, it's the shave/wax off all the pubes that confuses me.

When you stand naked in front of the mirror, have you ever felt like a little girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so confused by the comments below. First of all, pubic hair is natural. To say it is "disgusting", "gross", or "doesn't look good on women" is so bizarre to me. The ONLY reason that women today shave off all their pubic hair is because 1) they are told that guys like it and 2) most porn stars do not have pubic hair. I doubt if you were living in an era without porn that you would still go bald.

Girls, your pubic hair is your prerogative, but don't strip yourself of womanhood because you want to attract a guy. Real men who want to have sex with a woman-- not a little girl-- will not mind pubic hair. Grow up!

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 19

• Because, stereotypically, guys prefer shaved.

Now, of course there's some guys who don't care, or prefer the opposite.

but most prefer shaved.

And no, I've never felt like a little girl when I've shaved... Does shaving your face make you feel like a little boy?

• I hate the idea of being bare for the exact reason you specified. Though I trim/groom to feel neater/cleaner. And I shower, thought I'd point that out cause the guys who have commented below don't know a lot about girls who shower.

• lol, I've never felt like a little girl, nor do I think that that would be the desired goal. I prefer the feeling when I'm totally bare; the smoothness is soft and sexy, and I like that. But as I'm in a long-distance relationship, I get lazy with the maintenance when I don't see him for a while. I don't like having it grown out because it can get a bit itchy and unattractive (in my opinion). I know my boyfriend has absolutely no preference when it comes to hair (for him, p**** is p**** and he doesn't care what kind of package it comes in). I just find it way more sensual to me smooth and hairless.

• i don't really feel like a little girl. sometimes its nice to have it gone (because I don't feel the need to worry about any bikini mishaps.) sometimes I leave a strip, though, from where my pubic hair starts to where my vagina starts. but I do trim around the labia. I just feel prettier without it there. it seems kinda gross and...bushlike? lol

• I feel clean and my boyfriend loves it too

More from Girls
14

What Guys Said 3

• ugh hair is disgusting. Ok its more of a turn off than having no boobs. Hair around the vagina makes me think of all that come and p*ss and the days of not washing hiding in that bush and makes me want to throw up.

• Well I'd be more worried about the fact that whatever girls you're with don't shower. THATS what is gross here, not the hair.

• Ladies don't analyse it that far. Just because he doesn't like you to have hair down there doesn't mean he like little girls. I personally hate hair down there, and I enjoy giving her oral. Hair down there is a turnoff and a deal breaker. It's 2010, embrace your sexuallity. Clean doesn't mean young.

• when you sweat and the sweat stays in hair...then you stink. Shave off the hair, and clean yourself...that way you won't smell. Girls who don't shave most likely smell like low tide is coming in from the beach. That's when things get a little "Fishy" LOL

• The only girls who smell fishy are the ones who don't clean their vag. Hair or no hair.

• When shaved I hardly think adult men and women feel like little boys and girls. It's only hair you know. It doesn't take years off your life.

• Soooo funny because its sooooooo true! hahhaha