Is it weird to want to be tied down?

I've always had this fantasy about wanting to be tied down during sex. Guys would you be weirded out if a girl asked you to do this?

Have any of you done it?

The only person that I have slept with wasn't very open sexually. He wouldn't experiment at all...how should a girl go about asking to be tied down?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with experimenting, but you need to realize that not every guy is going to be prepared to handle this kind of request.

In order for you to get the experience that you want, you need two things in a guy:

- open-minded sexually, and

- a naturally dominant personality.

Many guys simply don't have the dominant personality in them, and most of the time, that isn't something that can really be taught. And if he isn't open-minded, he might freak out by such a request, even if he is naturally dominant.

Believe it or not, this is a fairly common request - many girls want to experiment with this, and having trouble finding a guy to do it with is a common problem. Bondage requires a lot of trust, even more than what you need to have sex. You've got to find a guy who you can build that trust with.

Finally, you've got to prepare for this. You don't want to just grab anything to be tied up with - you could end up hurt or worse. I recommend starting by buying a set of wrist and ankle cuffs, which are wider and softer and will prevent injury, and are quicker to get out of if you decide you want things to stop. And if you use rope, use thick, smooth rope, again, less likely to cause injury. Thinner rope and rougher rope is for "advanced users" who desire such.

Good luck!

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 32

• I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven if my partner asked me.

• It all depends on the partner you are with. My ex liked to be handcuffed and tied down from time to time. It all depends if both partners are willing to experiment. and There has to be some compromise. I'm pretty sure that you do things he likes. He should do things you like as well. Even if the guy doesn't want to experiment you can always bring out the handcuffs and handcuff one to yourself and see what happens.

• You can always put hints like bookmarks on his Internet browser from sites linked with BDSM or links to video where the girl is hog tied. May be even email him links and then catch him looking at it and pretend catching him doing something wrong, so now you get to question, and quiz him if he is into it or if he got hard or turned on looking at it and then because you are such a wonderful girlfriend you would be willing to try it for him.

So now you are not only getting your wish but as an obligation making him think you are doing it all for him only.

• Well, he probably doesn't know how to tie you up. You don't want to be tied with square knots. Get him a book. link That should tell him everything. Just walk right up to him and say, "I bought you something," and give it to him. If you like spankings you might want to do that first. I think spankings are more vanilla than rope bondage. Tell him that you're bad and you need a spanking. If he responds enthusiastically, give him the book.

• It's definitely not weird. In fact, I think it is a common fantasy.

Anyway, I would suggest that you take this slowly, since I am not sure how open-minded your current partner is.

May be you can ask him to hold your wrists down next time? Afterwards, tell him that you would enjoyed being held down.

May be introduce handcuffs, or blindfolds the next time?

Actual ropes should be a little below the list, since you want to slowly get there.

Also, you want to make sure that he understands you enjoy it, every step of the way.

Finally, if you guys start getting very rough, you might want to assign a safeword that, as soon as its said, would terminate the entire thing. Can be useful, and can help you feel a little more secure when you are tied up.

More from Guys
27

What Girls Said 3

• So not weird! I'm into it too, I think it's pretty common actually. I haven't had the chance to really try real restraints yet, but it's such a mental turn-on for me that there's no way I won't enjoy it. Not complex knots of super pretzel-y stuff really, just the idea of being restrained. =P

• yes I have tried it with my bf... I don't believe its weird, actually I find it cool...

I like been handcuffed during sex,it makes me use my body better in order to "replace" my hands ;-)

• It isn't weird at all. I like it. My hubby wasn't the slightest bit freaked out when I told him. It may not be something that all men are into immediately, so don't bring out the leather handcuffs the first time unless he has made it clear that it is his kink too. Try starting with some satin scarves or with him holding you down with his hands. Ease him into it. Show him how much you like it and most men will have no problem eventually working up to tying you spread eagle. Good Luck! ;-)