Has anyone had the depo-provera birth control shot?

I just got this today and I wanted to know other people's experience with it. Did you like it? Why or why not? Pros and cons? Thank you!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Among monkeys, Lionel Tiger and Robin Fox conducted a study on how Depo-Provera contraceptives lead to decreased male attractiveness to females and eventually to male homosexuality Janet E. Smith summarizes the findings as follows:[The] study in the early 70s [...] involved a tribe of monkeys. The alpha monkey of this tribe, named Austin, chose three female monkeys to be his exclusive sexual partners. Austin had a grand time with these three female monkeys. Then the researchers injected Austin's three females with the contraceptive Depo-Provera. Austin stopped having sex with them and chose other female monkeys to be his sexual partners. Then they contracepted all of the females in the tribe. The males stopped having sex with the females and started behaving in a turbulent and confused manner

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It makes you eat a lot more so sum people get really fat after the shot and it maybe hard to have a baby once you stop taking it maybe up to a year for your body to get back to having periods again but everyone is different

• Yeah I'm not planning on having kids til I'm like 30 and I'm only 20 so that's not an issue lol and I was told that some people gain weight so I've made a note of that and I'm going to do my best to eat a little healthier to maintain where I am now.

• No, but I was thinking about it until I heard that it may not be good to use for a long term birth control. I'm now using the patch only because I have a hard time swallowing pills. If you live in the US, they have a chewable birth control pill available.

• Okay, makes sense.There's always other options too like the Nuva Ring and such. Good luck.

• I have no problem swallowing pills I just never remember taking them and I can't do the patch because I'm a smoker.

• Read this link

• Why are you against birth control?

• Birth control in general, but specifically depo since that's what you're on now.

• About birth control in general or just depo?

• Show Older