Is masturbating (or jerking off) bad or a sin?

I really like doing it, and it feels really good; and I have slot of sexual feelings and I gt real turned on. But is it wrong,..a sin, or any thing... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is a sin. Most people have done it, especially men, but it is not right. Like lying, most people lie sometimes, but it is still wrong.

Masturbation stimulates powerful feelings and really fuels a desire that generally only gets stronger when you feed it. The problem with stimulating that desire is that it really triggers the mind to think about and look for more which often leads to more sexual involvement with more serious ramifications--such as sexual contact with another person. For some, it can become an obsession, trying to scratch that itch or fill that need.

It is hard enough to keep your sexual urges in check when you try to avoid the things that are really sexually provocative. It is soooo much harder once you start stimulating them on purpose.

• Fun fact: there is no bible verse condemning masturbation, if you wanna believe that fairytale anyway, it does condemn lust tho along with other harmless activities....

• Wow, it's hard to believe we're in 2014 with such a comment. Sex is bad then? Hahaha...

• Yeah this is nonsense lol