Why did he want to give me a hickey?

I've been on four dates with this guy. I told him that I've never had a hickey before, and last time we made out he gave me one. I didn't really like and thought it looked kind of tacky. Then, we were making out again last night and he kept trying to give me a hickey. I would tell him no, and he would still go ahead and try again. When I asked him why he said that they were "sexy"-which they totally aren't. Why did he keep trying to give me a damn hickey?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because some guys actually do find hickeys sexy. Some girls too. I agree with you that hickeys are pretty tasteless, which is why it should never be above the neckline since that is impossible to hide without a scarf or turtleneck, which just screams 'hickey coverup' if it isn't freezing outside. Though there is another way to look at hickeys in a positive light, especially if they are in easily conceable places.

So, one way to look at it is you are seeing your mark on someone else. You look at his hickey and think "I did that to him, I left my mark on him", and he can look at his hickey and think of you every time he sees it. It's like a little constant reminder of the other person throughout the day.