I keep getting ingrown hairs on my vagina and sometimes they leave dark spots. Help?

Okay, so normally I didn't care, but now they're starting to increase and it's making me feel a bit self conscious. I am a non sexually active... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Me being black, therefore having naturally curly hair everywhere, knows all about ingrown hairs. I use a special shaving cream on my face formulated for black men, because whenever I shave I get ingrown hairs all the time. :-X

There are a few shaving conventions that you'll have to reverse if you have a problem like you and me.

1) shave WITH the growth of the hair, not against. Sure, your shave won't be as close, but then again you won't have ingrowns, either.

2) use COLD water, not warm water. Doing this keeps the hair from being "too upright", and the odds of shaving a hair below the skin is minimized.

Make sure to take your time. Stroke the razor slowly, and shave in the direction your hair grows. Don't press down on the skin too much, or else you'll cut the hair below the skin, and that is how ingrown hairs, regardless of area, are created.

Hopefully I helped. :)

Asker upvoted