I keep getting ingrown hairs on my vagina and sometimes they leave dark spots. Help?

Okay, so normally I didn't care, but now they're starting to increase and it's making me feel a bit self conscious.

I am a non sexually active virgin who has never even been fingered. I love that piece of myself :) I love that I can offer something so rare to a guy, but I feel self conscious about showing my vagina with these ingrown hairs. They look like little bumps. Right now, I have four ://I can tell they're ingrown hairs because of the way the hair is growing out of them. What can I do about them? When I shave my vagina, I just want it to be ingrown hair free! Sometimes if I try to pop them, they leave behind dark marks.

What causes ingrown hairs and what can I do about mine? Can anyone else relate to having ingrown hairs down there? I don't have them any other place on my body :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Me being black, therefore having naturally curly hair everywhere, knows all about ingrown hairs. I use a special shaving cream on my face formulated for black men, because whenever I shave I get ingrown hairs all the time. :-X

There are a few shaving conventions that you'll have to reverse if you have a problem like you and me.

1) shave WITH the growth of the hair, not against. Sure, your shave won't be as close, but then again you won't have ingrowns, either.

2) use COLD water, not warm water. Doing this keeps the hair from being "too upright", and the odds of shaving a hair below the skin is minimized.

Make sure to take your time. Stroke the razor slowly, and shave in the direction your hair grows. Don't press down on the skin too much, or else you'll cut the hair below the skin, and that is how ingrown hairs, regardless of area, are created.

Hopefully I helped. :)