Does having sex hurt? (the first time)

I want to know, because I'm a virgin and I figure I should know this, but I just want to know! No rude or smart ass comments :)

Most Helpful Guy

• good luck getting one more Xper point. I rated 5 maybe that will push you over?! And I have heard from a few girls about the first time - basically for some it is bound to hurt. But if you make sure that you have masturbated plenty before hand or have been fingered and you are okay with that then as long as you are with a guy that cares a lot about your comfort and knows a bit about what he is doing you should be fine. With my ex it didn't hurt her at all -- kinda made me really wonder at first.

• i didn't even realize you asked this question! :) Anyway hope all is going well! Thanks for best. Lemme know when you have that first time and if it hurts. Hope it doesn't!

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 2

• If you still have your hymen then most likely yes. It will also likely bleed. Make sure to take it slow and be brave. It should feel good after the thirds or forth time.

What Girls Said 14

• It varies from girl to girl. For some girls it does, for some it doesn't.

Personally, my first time just felt a little uncomfortable at first.

• This first is the worst! you body isn't used to having to accommodate such a large object into you. You body is used to tampons and mybe two or three fingers if you masturbate. I penis on the other hand is usually way bigger than that. There is also pain caused from the breaking (or cracking if you rather) of the hymen. This is what causes blood. To make it hurt less use LOTS of lube, lots of foreplay head of time(fingering and such to get you ready), go slow!

• oh man...but thanks for the encouragement :)

• You also have to remember that it doesn't hurt for all girls. But for most this is the case! And no problem!

• My first time hurt quite a bit, but I didn't bleed. Actually, having sex was kind of uncomfortable for a while because even after it stopped hurting, it would sting... but that eventually stopped happening. Don't worry about it. It can hurt for sure, but it is not unbearable pain.

• For a lot of girls it does, it didn't hurt at all for me because like enchanted said I already had broken my hymen. If it does hurt you though just remember that after a couple times it won't hurt at all and you will just feel pleasure. :) And I hope you lose it to someone you care about.

• It hurt for me, but not too badly. He just had to go super slow and only put a little bit in at a time, and I did bleed my first and second time. Just make sure your guy knows to be patient and slow, and let YOU call the shots. My boy and I have been having sex for 3 months, and it still stings the first time he enters, every time, but only for a second. But I can tell you the closeness and amazing sex is COMPLETELY worth it! (:

More from Girls
9