Why do guys want sex so much?

they put so much effort into it... but it's just a few minutes of pleasure :/

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• "Just a few mintues" LUL all the guys on here will be offended now :-] they don't like the truth :D

• lulz everybody knows your gay.

• i am.

• A few minutes was back years ago when I didn't know much. One great thing to look forward to if you are a young lady who enjoys sex, is that it gets better with age. I wouldn't have thought so, but I only know about me for sure, and at 50, I'm way more fun for my lady than I was at 18.

What Guys Said 11

• While the orgasm may only be a few seconds, there is huge hormonal drive to _have_ sex that is not really linked to the pleasure aspect, combined with a huge dopamine release afterward. So they go from being unable to focus and craving it through your 'few minutes of pleasure' to feeling happy and rewarded (via dopamine) afterwards.Its really not about sensation. If it was just about sensation, everyone would be bisexual, and they wouldn't care what women they had sex with looked like, only how tight they were etc. Sex drive has relatively little to do with physical pleasure.If I could use an analogy, people prefer to eat foods they find delicious, but the primary reason they seek food is hunger. You could say 'well you need food to live', but people certainly aren't seeking food because they are at the verge of starvation. Their body is constantly sending signals to seek food, and the more you ignore them, the more the instinct part of your brain takes over. Sex is similar - primarily an 'appetite' rather then a pleasure, at least for most men.

• This should probably be best answer in my opinion.

• The scientific term is called Primal Urge. The need to eat, sleep, seek shelter and breed are all a part of everyday needs that all living creatures possess.

• About the only kind of men who seek momentary pleasure are the ones who hire cheap hookers. If sex was that limited in extasy, it would not be such a big deal.Men are simplistic creatures and should always be so. We eat to fulfill the primal urge of hunger. We really don't care about nutrients, excess fat and such...long as we are no longer hungry. We week women to have sex because we enjoy women and the intimacy of lovemaking. We don't care about pregnancy, disease, drama or how her 3-sizes don't match up perfectly, long as the primal urge of breeding is fulfilled.The problem with humans is that we possess the intelligence(and I use the term loosely) to either ENHANCE or OVERRIDE primal urge. Women are the perfect example of this. Women will choose not to eat out of fear of obesity. They also choose not to breed for a smorghasborg of reasons. How so? They use intellect to override primal urge. As kheserthore mentioned, it's not the moment of orgasm, it's the ENTIRE process of lovemaking which goes on for hours. Sure, there are men who only care about the naughty part and leave once they get their rocks off, but there's not enough credit for the real men who provide the long amount of time with the "mushy" stuff that women enjoy. Think of this way: If women weren't so damned pretty, we wouldn't care about them so much. Makes sense? I thought so

• Why do women want marriage and relationships so much?

• only dumb women do... if they are smart they will stay away from men and learn to survive on their own.

• Show Older
    • It's true. I don't know one woman who hasn't had trouble with men. they are a waste of time.

• Now I understand the question more clearly. At first I didn't know that this was a man hater asking, thought it was about knowledge. I'm sorry for your past that has ruined your outlook on men, but ask my girlfriend if I'm "a waste of time" or "bad news" and you will hear that I am one of the greatest parts of her life, as she is in mine. So sorry for you.

• probably becaus subconsciously, we guys want to spread our seed in evolutionary terms, even if getting the girl pregnant is the last thing we want to do, it's thousands of years of evolution

• its not just a "few minutes of pleasure"and its about more than sex itself sometimes, I mean sex is part of being in a normal, loving relationship. surely that's worth the effort?

• then why don't many men want to be in relationships or get married? it's just about the sex for most of them... they try hook up with as many girls as they can... and it's a lot of effort and time just for a few minutes of sex.

• Show Older
    • that's really sterotypical - not all guys are only interested in one night stands, just like not all girls want to get married. sex is important because the intimacy makes you feel much closer to them in other aspects of the relationship. it makes both people feel good about themselves too, and that can only be a good thing. why do you make it sound than sex is a bad thing, like it's a sin or something?

• because it's disgusting...

• Don't know who you're sleeping with, but if the told you sex is "a few minutes of pleasure", he's really messing it up for you.On your question, I'd say it's a natural thing. It happens in nature as well: females have cycles, males are always ready, thus the term "animal" applies to men so well :)

• it doesn't matter if its a few minutes or an hour... an orgasm is only a few seconds and I don't see why do many people are so obsessed with it... there is more to life then having sex... but most men seem to think sex is SO extremly important :/ it's a bit sad.

• I can only thing that you either haven't had an orgasm in your life or if you did, you didn't get THE orgasm of your life. It's a very pleasant thing, and it's that way to ensure we do have as much sex as possible. That's the only way nature can secure the survival of a species you know, and for us humans it's not just the sensation but everything to tie to a good orgasm. I don't think it's sad, I think you just don't get it yet.

• ''And they are thinking about it 24/7''I would like to know how you could know this?Maybe you should take the burden and have a broader look to this topic.If you know someone who is like this, just look to another one and so on. These statements kind of offends me.There is no one at the moment I could even fantasize about and much less sleep with, so..

• As you and they get older and have more experience, it can become more than a few minutes. For me, sex is the best feeling that I get to have. It really makes me feel like a king. My girlfriend and I are both pretty into it and we spend a couple of hours (with breaks in between the action for me) having sex every time we see each other. If you know of anything that makes you feel as good, please tell me about it,because I'd want to know what else there is that compares.

• there is pleanty of things I would rather be doing... I think sex is a waste of time & I would rather have a relationship without it.

• I understand that there are a sizeable number of women who do not have orgasm no matter what. I could see where that might lessen ones' interest. I encountered one in my lifetime, but she took the opposite tack and wanted to get her enjoyment from watching the effect she could have on men. There might be some guy out there who doesn't want sex and he could be just looking for you, so maybe you will find him.

• "it's just a few minutes of pleasure"You're doing it wrong.

• well maybe a bit longer then a few minutes. But it's still stupid and a waste of time that they put so much effort, time and thought into something that is just for a little bit of pleasure..

• Show Older
    • I know that I only ever feel horny if I am fertile... any other time I couldn't give a damn about having sex. Most women are the same... that's why they make excuses not to have sex so often... like "sorry honey I have a headache, not tonight" I'm sure so many men have heard that.

• You're remarkably ignorant about sex for a human woman. And here's a big clue for you. It is very possible for a man to know things about a woman. And it is very possible for a woman to know things about a man.We do this by *learning*. We *learn* a lot of things in a place called *school*. And we also *learn* from our fellow humans. There's no end to things you can learn. Provided you don't cling rigidly to ideas that are provably wrong.There you go. Free hint on how to get through life.

• As I understand it, a guy has a physical need for sex. (Women too, but only during certain days of the month, and in the early stages of a relationship.) It's like food -- we eat it in five minutes, but are ready to spend half-a-day day preparing it, right? Firstly, if I don't have sex roughly thrice a week, it makes me feel uneasy. Just as I would if I didn't move my bowels. Secondly, good sex (and that doesn't happen every time, of course), leaves me feeling very satisfied and relaxed. This has a lot to do with the chemical release after orgasm. Thirdly, sex is crucial if I want to bond closely with a woman. I have many women who are my friends, and whom I admire too. But the special few women whom I'd want to go into a long-term relationship with -- long enough to maybe have kids with, nurture them, etc -- I need to have regular sex with to keep bonded. As for women giving excuses and not wanting sex ... women nowadays want it as much as guys. Sometimes more. They have less to worry about unwanted pregnancies and things of that kind, which is why I believe that birth-control was a male conspiracy to simply get more sex :-) Of course, women want it more on some days of their cycle and less on others. Apart from that, my experience also confirms this [ link -- at the initial stage of a relationship, the women want sex more. It helps the bonding. Later, they have little need for it. (Sad, this makes a lot of men stray... and then get accused of "cheating"!)

• Disagree. Every girl has a different sex drive. For me, it's not just during certain days of the month. It's all day, everyday.

• Show Older
    • I'm young and I am not that very keen on sex. It's a bit over the top if you want it all day everyday. Maybe your life is boring and you've got nothing better to think about.

• I dunno... my experience is that when women get involved in a steady relationship, they are often very gun-ho about sex. Probably they need it as a way to build up the equation... and make sure they have a mate who will "provide" for at least some time. Invariably the women in my life were much more keen on sex at the early stages. In 3-4 years, they were quick to lose interest... leaving us guys rather despondent! It's a terrible feeling... Women want it on certain days or at a certain age.

• when I'm with a girl I put all of her pleasures first and make sure she cums at least 10 times, but honestly its not just about the physical pleasure, its about the bonding both mentally and physically we bond on wile having sex that is important to us,

What Girls Said 3

• Doesn't matter had sex

• My boyfriend doesn't want sex all the time, it's me that wants it all the time, he can't keep up.Guys want sex for the same reason as women, because it feels amazing, I can understand why you think its a waste of time if you've only ever had sex lasting a few minutes,lol.Sex isn't just about pleasure, it's about bonding, spending time together, and falling in love with each other even more.It is also fun and exciting to explore your partner's body and discover what really gets them going.I don't see why you would ask such a silly question?Sex is absolutely incredible.

• Sex doesn't last a few minutes.

• well it doesn't last long.. they put so much effort & time into getting sex, and they think about it 24/7... then they have sex and it's over in like 10 mins. seems like a waste of time to me.

• Show Older
    • well, if you think it's something that provides extreme pleasure and can be done repeatedly I guess you can understand why.

• I don't think it's extreme pleasure.. I can think of better things to do.then why don't many guys want to get into relationships or get married? wouldn't they get it more repeatedly if they had someone steady? but insead they just try hook up with as many girls as they can... it's a lot of effort and time for them, just to get one thing.