Why do guys want sex so much?

they put so much effort into it... but it's just a few minutes of pleasure :/

Most Helpful Girl

• "Just a few mintues" LUL all the guys on here will be offended now :-] they don't like the truth :D

• lulz everybody knows your gay.

• i am.

• A few minutes was back years ago when I didn't know much. One great thing to look forward to if you are a young lady who enjoys sex, is that it gets better with age. I wouldn't have thought so, but I only know about me for sure, and at 50, I'm way more fun for my lady than I was at 18.

What Guys Said 11

• While the orgasm may only be a few seconds, there is huge hormonal drive to _have_ sex that is not really linked to the pleasure aspect, combined with a huge dopamine release afterward. So they go from being unable to focus and craving it through your 'few minutes of pleasure' to feeling happy and rewarded (via dopamine) afterwards.

Its really not about sensation. If it was just about sensation, everyone would be bisexual, and they wouldn't care what women they had sex with looked like, only how tight they were etc. Sex drive has relatively little to do with physical pleasure.

If I could use an analogy, people prefer to eat foods they find delicious, but the primary reason they seek food is hunger. You could say 'well you need food to live', but people certainly aren't seeking food because they are at the verge of starvation. Their body is constantly sending signals to seek food, and the more you ignore them, the more the instinct part of your brain takes over. Sex is similar - primarily an 'appetite' rather then a pleasure, at least for most men.

• This should probably be best answer in my opinion.

• The scientific term is called Primal Urge. The need to eat, sleep, seek shelter and breed are all a part of everyday needs that all living creatures possess.

• About the only kind of men who seek momentary pleasure are the ones who hire cheap hookers. If sex was that limited in extasy, it would not be such a big deal.

Men are simplistic creatures and should always be so. We eat to fulfill the primal urge of hunger. We really don't care about nutrients, excess fat and such...long as we are no longer hungry. We week women to have sex because we enjoy women and the intimacy of lovemaking. We don't care about pregnancy, disease, drama or how her 3-sizes don't match up perfectly, long as the primal urge of breeding is fulfilled.

The problem with humans is that we possess the intelligence(and I use the term loosely) to either ENHANCE or OVERRIDE primal urge. Women are the perfect example of this. Women will choose not to eat out of fear of obesity. They also choose not to breed for a smorghasborg of reasons. How so? They use intellect to override primal urge.

As kheserthore mentioned, it's not the moment of orgasm, it's the ENTIRE process of lovemaking which goes on for hours. Sure, there are men who only care about the naughty part and leave once they get their rocks off, but there's not enough credit for the real men who provide the long amount of time with the "mushy" stuff that women enjoy.

Think of this way: If women weren't so damned pretty, we wouldn't care about them so much. Makes sense? I thought so

• As you and they get older and have more experience, it can become more than a few minutes. For me, sex is the best feeling that I get to have. It really makes me feel like a king. My girlfriend and I are both pretty into it and we spend a couple of hours (with breaks in between the action for me) having sex every time we see each other. If you know of anything that makes you feel as good, please tell me about it,because I'd want to know what else there is that compares.

• there is pleanty of things I would rather be doing... I think sex is a waste of time & I would rather have a relationship without it.

• I understand that there are a sizeable number of women who do not have orgasm no matter what. I could see where that might lessen ones' interest. I encountered one in my lifetime, but she took the opposite tack and wanted to get her enjoyment from watching the effect she could have on men. There might be some guy out there who doesn't want sex and he could be just looking for you, so maybe you will find him.

• ''And they are thinking about it 24/7''

I would like to know how you could know this?

Maybe you should take the burden and have a broader look to this topic.

If you know someone who is like this, just look to another one and so on.

These statements kind of offends me.

There is no one at the moment I could even fantasize about and much less sleep with, so..

• Why do women want marriage and relationships so much?

• only dumb women do... if they are smart they will stay away from men and learn to survive on their own.

• It's true. I don't know one woman who hasn't had trouble with men. they are a waste of time.

• Now I understand the question more clearly. At first I didn't know that this was a man hater asking, thought it was about knowledge. I'm sorry for your past that has ruined your outlook on men, but ask my girlfriend if I'm "a waste of time" or "bad news" and you will hear that I am one of the greatest parts of her life, as she is in mine. So sorry for you.

More from Guys
6

What Girls Said 4

• My boyfriend doesn't want sex all the time, it's me that wants it all the time, he can't keep up.

Guys want sex for the same reason as women, because it feels amazing, I can understand why you think its a waste of time if you've only ever had sex lasting a few minutes,lol.Sex isn't just about pleasure, it's about bonding, spending time together, and falling in love with each other even more.It is also fun and exciting to explore your partner's body and discover what really gets them going.

I don't see why you would ask such a silly question?Sex is absolutely incredible.

• Doesn't matter had sex

• Sex doesn't last a few minutes.

• well it doesn't last long.. they put so much effort & time into getting sex, and they think about it 24/7... then they have sex and it's over in like 10 mins. seems like a waste of time to me.

• well, if you think it's something that provides extreme pleasure and can be done repeatedly I guess you can understand why.

• I don't think it's extreme pleasure.. I can think of better things to do.

then why don't many guys want to get into relationships or get married? wouldn't they get it more repeatedly if they had someone steady? but insead they just try hook up with as many girls as they can... it's a lot of effort and time for them, just to get one thing.