Is it necessary for guys to masturbate every day? Why?

I just need to know about this! My boyfriend was telling me that he needs to masturbate everyday (if we don't have sex). If he doesn't, his orgasm is "plentiful." lmao. I'm not sure what he really means by that. If you don't masturbate for a few days is there more come than normal? Is it really necessary to masturbate daily? Why?

I just want to understand what he means. lol. And I'm too shy to ask something this dumb.

• Yes, it's necessary.
  • No, it is not necessary.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's different for everyone, girls and guys. you should try to watch the Seinfeld episode where they have a competition to see who can go the longest without masturbating. But yeah as I said, its different for everyone, some guys can't sleep without doing it, or don't sleep as well. plus I think that guys have it tougher as first of all, all of our parts are on the outside and you never know how they will react. our private parts do a lot of weird things and could lead to getting excited, plus if a guy is relaxed he may be more susceptible to the urge. and some guys use it as a way to relax and calm down. yes it can build up, that is why guys have wet dreams if they don't release on their own

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 21

• Masturbation is very healthy. 1: It gets the blood flowing which creates better circulation. 2: It releases adrenalin, and endorphins which make us happy. 3: It feels good. 4: Old and weak sperm get out, and new, healthy sperm get developed. We don't HAVE TO do it everyday, but there is no harm from doing it everyday.

• Longer you go without masturbation the more and the quicker you ejaculate.

It isn't necessary, but it's more of a forced habit dating back to the early/mid teens.

• I answered yes, but we can not answer for every guy. Not every guy's sex drive is the same. I get horny quite a lot, and having an erection can be incredibly bothersome.

Also yes, if he hasn't come there will be more sperm coming out.

• You really need to ask your guy. Yes the volume builds up. Some guys go longer than others. It is not unusual to need to relieve the pressure every day or even twice a day. Sorry, but that is what we guys deal with. there are so many stimulations out there(and you girl types do it) what do you expect? but again, ask your guy and better yet, take the pressure off yourself...

• ok..sometimes couples talk about gross things..eew.."plentyful?"...gross..

with that being said,he sounds young..guys DO have a very high sex drive..some more than others..i know ME..i can happily masturbate everyday..

but for me..its more like I can go maybe 2-3 days..then I start going through wuthdrawal..and need a release lol...but EVERYDAY..eew

More from Guys
16

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't 'need' to but he 'wants' to.

That's not true for every guy, but for some it is.

Same thing with girls.