Is it necessary for guys to masturbate every day? Why?

I just need to know about this! My boyfriend was telling me that he needs to masturbate everyday (if we don't have sex). If he doesn't, his orgasm is "plentiful." lmao. I'm not sure what he really means by that. If you don't masturbate for a few days is there more come than normal? Is it really necessary to masturbate daily? Why?

I just want to understand what he means. lol. And I'm too shy to ask something this dumb.

This question has a poll!

• Yes, it's necessary. Vote A
  • No, it is not necessary. Vote B

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• it's different for everyone, girls and guys. you should try to watch the Seinfeld episode where they have a competition to see who can go the longest without masturbating. But yeah as I said, its different for everyone, some guys can't sleep without doing it, or don't sleep as well. plus I think that guys have it tougher as first of all, all of our parts are on the outside and you never know how they will react. our private parts do a lot of weird things and could lead to getting excited, plus if a guy is relaxed he may be more susceptible to the urge. and some guys use it as a way to relax and calm down. yes it can build up, that is why guys have wet dreams if they don't release on their own

What Guys Said 20

• Guys dont HAVE to masturbate, but we do have to ejaculate one way or the other (its not good to have fluid sitting there building up in the prostate and testicles for a long time), or the body will do it when a guys asleep in the form of a wet dream. After a week or two it gets very uncomfortable down there because of the build up of semen and pressure. Think of it like a combination of needing to go for a wee more and more and having an itch that slowly gets worse until you do something about it.

• ya there's more come then normal and going a few days without masterbating makes me REaly Horny and is almost as torturous as being held down and tickled.

• not really, but I have one heck of a sex drive. and yes if you don't for awhile it builds up with more and more

• It is not NECESSARY, I mean, I wouldn't die or have withdrawal symptomes if I didn't masturbate in two days or so. But I do feel the URGE to have an orgasm every day, or at least almost every day. After a few days without one, it gets difficult for me to concentrate on other things. And after more than a week without one, I'll probably come during sleep.

• Not necessary but hey, why not :-)~

• Masturbation is very healthy. 1: It gets the blood flowing which creates better circulation. 2: It releases adrenalin, and endorphins which make us happy. 3: It feels good. 4: Old and weak sperm get out, and new, healthy sperm get developed. We don't HAVE TO do it everyday, but there is no harm from doing it everyday.

• He doesn't NEED to masturbate every day. But there certainly is no harm in it. It feels great. It's good for stress. And, if you start doing it every day, just like with any habit, you are going to feel like you need it. Also, it does effect your orgasm- you last longer and have a lot more control if you ejaculate more frequently.

• ok..sometimes couples talk about gross things..eew.."plentyful?"...gross..

with that being said,he sounds young..guys DO have a very high sex drive..some more than others..i know ME..i can happily masturbate everyday..

but for me..its more like I can go maybe 2-3 days..then I start going through wuthdrawal..and need a release lol...but EVERYDAY..eew

• masturbation releases adrenaline (epinephrin).

Some people get it from exercise, some people get it from drugs.

You can even get it from scratching yourself.

Its a reaction to stress.

• It is necessary. When you don't masturbate, you get a boner every minute.I Masturbate before I go to sleep so I won't get a boner in the morning.

• its not necessarily needed for me. I can make it almost a week, but after 3 or 4 days I'll get boners looking at any girl I see. but the reason I do it at least 4 days a week is so I don't end up in a bad situation where no matter what I can't jack off or I have a boner and its noticable. then that is awkward

• An masturbation a day keeps the doctor away

• No..it is not necessary..it is NEVER necessary...but that is not the same as "wanting to"...(:

• You really need to ask your guy. Yes the volume builds up. Some guys go longer than others. It is not unusual to need to relieve the pressure every day or even twice a day. Sorry, but that is what we guys deal with. there are so many stimulations out there(and you girl types do it) what do you expect? but again, ask your guy and better yet, take the pressure off yourself...

• I answered yes, but we can not answer for every guy. Not every guy's sex drive is the same. I get horny quite a lot, and having an erection can be incredibly bothersome.

Also yes, if he hasn't come there will be more sperm coming out.

• It's a psychological need in a society of instant gratification, if anything. The amount of scientific evidence that it's a physiological need: none.

• Yeah, just not a need as a daily measure. In fact, if you stop doing it for a while you'll be physically fine.

• Ok fair enough, but the reason you state is just wrong. It's fun, it's healthy, it's relieving.

• You might have a case if this was about not ever ejaculating. This question is about the need to do it daily.

• Show Older
  • not necessary, but preferable

• If I don't I get annoyed as hell.

• Longer you go without masturbation the more and the quicker you ejaculate.

It isn't necessary, but it's more of a forced habit dating back to the early/mid teens.

• if you don't masturbate for a while you;ll ejaculate more when you do . that's true

every1s different. masturbation is usually needed every day to combat the high testosterone in our bodies. lol

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't 'need' to but he 'wants' to.

That's not true for every guy, but for some it is.

Same thing with girls.