Sexual experimentation with siblings?

How normal is this? I've heard some people say they (when they are younger) have sexual encounters with their brother or sister. To me this seems really abnormal. But apparently it's not. What are your views on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you grew up in a household and society that approved of sibling sex, then you would probably do it and not think anything bad about it. But I don't know of any society (probably there are some somewhere) where that is considered appropriate, so most people would avoid that.

Many cultures accept family nudity. Siblings see each other nude, but they still do not have sexual contact. They may have a sexual interest in a sibling, mainly because it is their first encounter with the opposite gender in the nude, but they usually don't act on that interest.

In a society where family nudity is not the norm, there are still some households in which it is accepted. And even where it is not accepted by the family, the children may try to peek at siblings or even have mutually agreed sessions of revealing the body as a way to learn about the other sex (usually at a very young age). But a sexual encounter? Over the line.

A comment on sunseeker11's response: A woman of 20 talking a 13 year old into stripping and jacking off is way out of line. It is a criminal act! And doing it with one's own brother is worse. I understand (somewhat) a 13 year old getting into it, although I would have expected him to have had an interest in seeing her naked and trying to get her to reciprocate, but he did not mention anything like that. But although his experience does sometimes happen, it shouldn't!

Anyway, although it sometimes happens, it is not very often, so it is abnormal.

What Guys Said 13

• Experimenting with a brother or sister is pretty common in early teen years. The reason for that is because most brothers and sisters tend to be very close because they are a family, they love each other, etc. and when they get old enough to have interests in the opposite gender, it is easiest to ask the brother or sister to help because they have the most amount of trust in each other. They have known each other their entire lives, and feel more comfortable with each other when it comes to this stuff.

• I think that for the average person, who had a normal family life, this is not "normal." But, like with anything in life, you can't really explain why or how the things that happen to children effect them. Hopefuly someone who has experienced something like that is not dealing with guilt because of it. They did not do anything that was permanently wrong or "evil" or that they should be blamed for it.

• i have a sister and the idea of "sexual experimentation" with her makes me feel sick. we've always been pretty close, but never in an incest way. I mean, baths together when you're toddlers is fairly common but to hit on a sibling when you're a teenagers is disgusting.

• You'd be surprised over how common it is, most people just forget :P

My older sister tackled-snogged me through my single digit years, yet she doesn't remember :O

• this has never happened to me thank god but I heard it too that having teenage brothers and sisters growing up together their hormones go out of place and have those toughts but that's all they would be . so it must be normal? To think about id imagine.

• yeah, seems really weird.. I haven't even seen my brother naked in any form since I was like 4 probs.. and I never had a sister

• when I was about 13 and my sister was 20 she asked to see me naked, all the women at her work would talk of see their brother naked or something and she never saw a guy before and wanted to be able to be in the conversation too I guess, so I eventually undressed for her at her apartment and let her check me out totally naked, basically examining my entire body, I was quite a bit nervous and scared but went along with it, next time I was over we talked about it and she wanted to see again, so I striped for her in the living room this time I was getting into it dancing and letttin her smack my butt and feel me all over touching my balls and now hard d*** then I jacked off for her, she watched intensly, I did it one other time then we never talked about it again,

• That's crazy and kinda hot (yeah, I know I'm sick lol)... but your sister was 20 and she had never seen a naked man before so she wanted to see her 13 year old brother?

• Sounds like the lead up to a Japanese Porno :/

• It is abnormal to me...but...I was really turned on by my first cousin and hate my sister...(:

• me and my sister were about 11-13 years old we used to do sexual things like stimulatng our selves against the soaf or our hands we were just into puberty. then we started to just do it with 1 another like clothes sex. then one day we started to get naked and just play and experiment with our first dick/fany it got to a point when we were bored she would ask me to get me willy hard and i did. then she liked to get it hard by stroking and tickling,, it amused her how she can just make it happen with out me stopping it and were were both naked just rubbing ourselves against 1 another. she grew boobs and pubes just after me and they were the first pair of boobs i ever touched and my god i did like them and we just did this for a while untill 1 hot day we was in the garden sunbathing we started doing our stuff and then she said to me im going to let u put it in tonight. i got a bit excited tbh my first sex (even if it was my sister) i didn't even bother it was someone i feel comftable with.. well that was that never spoke mentiond or breathed about our stuff since.. i do not fancy my sister AT ALL but i love her in a way in which i feel like making love to her aswell i carnt help it and i know she feels slightly the same i can just feel the attmosphire when we are alond drinking were 25-27 now but it has never gone away i need advice please

• It would be abnormal as a whole.

• Lol at all these people saying it's weird and gross. It's actually extremely common for teenage siblings to experiment a little. Kissing, masturbation, and oral are all pretty common occurrences. Sex, however, is rather uncommon and should be avoided for a healthy family relationship. And, fyi, the people talking about deformed babies are idiots. It takes generation of incest to create the POSSIBILITY for deformation.

• I m muslim I want to the fuck my sister and its notallow she is so stric and careful what can I dolvt u

• Please advise me

What Girls Said 5

• my brother and I experimented when we were younger. it started when I was 14 and he was 16. we let each other watch the other masturbate and touch a little. we never had sex though. furthest was fingering/hand jobs, and I gave him a bj once to see what it was like.

• I couldn't do it with my kid brother

• I don't know, it's pretty abnormal and gross. Maybe in the early years (3-4-5-6) before you know what sexuality is, but later than that it's just wrong.

• I've had a bunch of threesomes with my bro and his girlfriend. We both play with her, but we haven't actually had sex yet. Closest was her rubbing his d*ck on my pu*sy or letting him come on our boobs. its fun, weird, but fun. I have 2 gfs that have sex with their bro pretty regularly. id say its pretty common.

• hell no, I couldn't do it with my kid brother Dx