Never used a tampon.

First off, I'm 19 and I've never used a tampon because I am absolutely terrified of them! So I tried to get over my fear the other day, and I totally thought it was working until I stood up! Omg it was the worst feeling I've ever felt in my whole life! I tried to take it out and I couldn't move it because it hurt so badly. So I thought, maybe I will jut have to get used to it. So I just chilled in my room for awhile with it in, but the pain was too unbearable! SO I went back to the bathroom to try to take it out, but I had the same problem. So I asked for some advice online, and someone told me I had to wait 4 it to get filled up, but I couldn't wait that long. So I turned on the bath tub, hoping the water would make it easier, and jumped inside and pulled it out in there. AND OMG IT HURT SOOOO BADLY! what is wrong with me lol?! I must have done something wrong because I don't think anyone would be wearing them if it hurt has bad as that!

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same issue and what's worse is I was CAMPING. It was awful. Ok, so it is painful because you didn't put the tampon far enough into your vagina so you could feel it there. When it is in the proper place you can't feel it. When putting it in, put your fingers at the base of the top piece of the aplicator and push the aplicator until your fingers are at your vagina. You want it so the only part of the aplicator that is sticking out of you is the "plunger" part of it. That will push it far enough inside of you to make it so you don't feel it, then just pull the aplicator out. It will hurt if it isn't wet because when you put it in it absorbs all the moisture in you vagina, so now you are totally dry and the cotton sticks to the walls of your vagina. That either becomes more barable or I guess you learn to deal with it, I am not sure which. The batch tub is always a good alternative though if you need to take it out now. Also, when my mom first got me tampons she got me regulars. I didn't realize there was a teen size, it is little tiny and much more comfortable and A LOT less scary.