Sex on the second date... Is it really that bad?

I met this guy at a fundraiser a few weeks ago. We spent the whole night talking, and I was really sad to have to say goodbye. He contacted me later on, and we established that we wanted to hang out sometime.

I wasn't entirely sure that if it was just a hang-out, or a date, but it turned out being a date. We talked for hours, and ended up making out at the end of the night.

Last night was our second date. He came over, we made dinner together and watched a movie... We started kissing, then one thing led to another, and... We had sex. Twice. Then he stayed and cuddled/kissed me for a few hours, and headed home at around 3am, since his parents needed to use the car in the morning.

Anyway, obviously things moved much more quickly than I'd expected... I wasn't planning on this happening; it just did. But I do really like this guy (not just the sex), and am super worried that maybe I've messed things up. I feel like he cares about me, and is genuinely interested... But now that we've had sex, I'm afraid that he'll think less of me, or something.

So... Is the potential for a future relationship now doomed? Or is there still hope?

I texted him to say thanks for last night/sorry for letting things happen so quickly/i hope I didn't scare him away, and this was his response:

"Don't worry, I'm pretty chill about these things. I had a really good time last night! I'll have to get some of the details of that recipe from you..."

So, that's a good sign that he's not running for the hills yet, right? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're fine. Things may not go anywhere but having sex won't be the reason why.

A lot of people I know who are dating slept together the night they met.

some people think that's 'easy', other people think that's good chemistry.