What age do most girls/guys start masturbating?

I mean hell.. I started just to see how it was when I was a little kid and was like.. uhh this is stupid, then I was able to come and was like hell yeah! mainly why I'm asking this is because I don't want to be a freak lol. I just want to know when most people start

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha wow... I beat all of you as far as age when I first masturbated. I was like 4 or 5 when I first did it. I didn't know what I was doing. All I knew was that it felt really good and my parents actually saw me do it once because we were all on the couch and I got myself off but I mean I didn't really know what it was I was doing until I was like 9 and I got the talk.

What Girls Said 15

• I think it's a personal question so I won't answer directly. I guess when they feel the urge to do so, it's natural, but I guess too early would be a little freaky and not during the hormonal period would be somewhat abnormal. but there isn't a set age to which it is deemed appropriate either, I guess whenever one is ready.

• dude I was 3/4 I don't know I remember my mom telling me that's something personal and that if I wanted to do that I had to go to my room. So.. I always just did it secretly up to this day. haha. the weird thing is I do it the same way now as I did then. crazy.

• I was like 8 or 9 when I started but I didn't know what I was doing...the only thing I knew was that it felt good so I just kept doing it and then my mom caught me once and then told me all about it

• Umm I'm not really sure! I think around the beginning of high school or so! Don't worry you're not a freak, lol, it's just experimentation!

• i was around 9.

• ya I was in like the 3-5 range

• i was 4 or 5. I remember having my first orgasm around 5. I have a very strong memory of me thinking the kid's equivalent of "what the f*** was that?" I was hooked ever since. it took me several "go to your room" talks before I learn about discreetness and "time and place"

• I was like 9ish where i would rub up against things accidentally and it would feel good, like sliding down those poles at the playground. At age 12, i knew what i was doing.

• 12 or 13 for me, but then I only masturbated like once a month. Now I masturbate every chance I get. lol.

• I started at 8 or 9...and then,a little later I let my cousin rub my clit..im so embarrassed,but we were both kids,he does not remember,but I do.!

• It was the night of my 12th birthday. happy birthday to me, lol (:

• i was 9 I think...wow girls start a lot earlier than guys haha go figure

• i think I was 10-11ish

but I didn't know what I was doing until I was about 12

• I was 12 I think, maybe 13. seriously, that's a normal age to start experimenting. I think a lot of people get curious around that age.

What Guys Said 14

• 13 for me

• Technically, fetus.

"Ultrasonographic observation of a female fetus' sexual behavior in utero." American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1996

I guess it varies what age but I guess (and it's a pure guess) around 12 most have learnt or are soon to learn about it.

Being the nerd I am my first time was an 'experiment' after learning about it in school. I was wondering what the hell and gave it a shot. Thought I was having a heart attack at first and didn't do it again for like 6 months.

• 18 for me.

• Pfff get out of here you children. I started at 3. Probably one of the best feelings I had at the time. I couldn't shoot though. Too young for that.

• I found around age 6 that playing with my dick felt really good and would do it until I had a dry cum. I started squirting about age 12 and enjoyed making myself squirt.

• 13

• I actually started masturbating when I was 9-10, but I could never have an orgasm, but now (I am 13), yeah everytime baby! (totally did not just masturbate btw)

• yah I was 13 and I'd heard about it and looked it up and found a how to lol and it took me like 45 minutes and when it happened it was still to this day the very best orgasm. I made my self come 5 more times just in that day. now I pretty much masturbate every day.

• I'm really surprised at how old some of you guys were.

I started 'full time' when I was maybe... 9 or 10, but I always 'experimented' with it all when I was younger.

• That's a personal question, but I started to fap when I was in grade school, probably 9 when I started to watch porn.

• I remember when I was about 12 years old I was flicking through channels during the night and I stumbled upon a porn channel. For a bit I was just watching, and eventually I ended up masturbating and have pretty much daily ever since. Best method of stree relief :p

• Just before I turned 17; I know, I know - I was a definite late bloomer.

• Dude I was 18 when I first started......It was shortly after my first boyfriend and I started making out.

• I was like 11 and I don't remeber how I started. lol I remeber the first time a came I was like woah

• i have heard as early as 10 but as early as guys I think