Why do guys like to hear girls moan when having sex?

The question says it all...I normally don't ask these kinds of questions, but I'm interested to see what guys will say :P

So if a guy is more dominant, does that mean he likes hearing a girl moan more than a guy who likes to be in a submissive position?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is an audible and almost tangible reaction to what is going on. If we hear the girl moaning we know (or at least think) she is enjoying what we are doing, and we feel good knowing that we are pleasuring our partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• It gives the guy the audible message that he must be doing a good job and the girl is enjoying what she is getting from him.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 18

• We don't take it for granted she's into it and having a good time, so its nice to get the confirmation. It excites us to know she's excited.

In my case, I generally prefer to be the more dominant/initiating one IN bed. So what do I want from her if I'm 'doing most of the work'? I want her to be demonstrably excited and into it.

• That's why I do it most of the time, because I feel like I'm not doing enough lol.

• Its better then her clawing my back and biting me which she's done too. I mean its sort of cool at the time and then after its like ... I'm bleeding dammit.

• In response to the update:

I do not think so. I am not all that dominant in bed (don't get me wrong when the time is right I can be, it's just not my default setting if you will), but I definitely enjoy knowing that my partner is being pleasured. If there is no indication to me that my partner is enjoying the sex I struggle to enjoy the sex (at those times I typically take over and make sure she orgasms a few times before continue having sex; that almost always helps).

• Haha well at least your methods are great!

• I may have phrased my response to indicate a small amount of pride... When used properly, words can get a plethora messages across.

• This is very true indeed. :)

• thats instant appreciation... and we love it...

• If you moan, that means you're enjoying it, and we're doing a good job. It's a turn on, that's all.

• So we know we're doing something right!

But it's more than that. I don't really know, I can't explain it. It's just one of those things that we really love. It's really sexy.

• In respone to the update: Yes, I think dominate men like to hear moaning more so than less dominate men. Hearing her moan is also sort of a power thing. It makes us feel like we have the power to overpower you with a sensation, so much so, that you moan in pleasure.

More from Guys
13

What Girls Said 2

• Its almost a chain reaction so I no its no good if I'm not just my personal experience