The 'cherry' on a girl.

ok I feel like a total div asking this.. but where exactly is the cherry on a girl-- because people say 'pop the cherry' and I know what there talking about just not where it is. so please help because some sites say its just outside the vagina.. some say its deep inside. and some say it is the opening to the vagina. and others say it feels like a little bump / sack just inside your vagina that feels like its full of air.

also.. if it pops will it bleed alot. ? and.. I ddi try and work it out for myself but I have no idea.. PLEASE HELP.


Most Helpful Guy

  • The hymen, or "cherry" is typically right at or just inside the opening of the vagina. Its exact location and shape can vary, but it is a thin membrane of tissue that partially or sometimes almost fully covers the entrance to the vagina. It often thins and deteriorates with age, but can also be ruptured or torn with tampon use, rough physical activities causing trauma to the groin (e.g., horseback riding), or from sexual intercourse. During first sexual intercourse it may or may not still be intact, but even if it is, the hymen on some women/girls is more elastic and will stretch rather than rupture and bleed. Tearing of the hymen during first intercourse and the subsequent bleeding is "popping the cherry."