• Ask
  • myTake

Why does my boyfriend look at porn when he knows it hurts me?

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and we have this on going fight every time I find porn. I had a bad childhood experience and found my dad's stash when I was about 6 years old and ever since then I've always viewed it as disgusting and hurtful because my mom and dad used to fight about it a lot as well...I don't want to be like them. I've tried to except it and be one of those "cool" girlfriends that doesn't care but those girls in the porn are so much prettier than me and I can't stand to think my boyfriend would rather look at them than me. Just thinking about it is bringing me to tears and over the past 4 years I've expressed to him how bad it makes me feel about myself and he says he would stop but it never happens...it just seems he doesn't care if I get hurt as long as he gets off. He tells me I don't give it to him enough but I can't feel sexual and willing if I don't feel good about myself but I still try. I'm really not a prude or anything I'm actually very adventurous in bed and love to try new stuff...when I'm in "the mood" which he doesn't seem to put effort into getting me into the mood. I know guys have more urges than us girls do but I just wish he would come to me to take care of that stuff instead of looking at strange girls. I really just wish I could be pretty and perfect like those girls he stares at all the time but I can't compete with them. I want to know what I can do to make him less interested in those girls in the porn and turn his focus to me like he used to. I know everyone says just have sex with him more often but it's not that easy when I don't feel good about myself or my body and he doesn't try to make me feel special anymore. I just don't know what to do...I know he loves me but I don't feel it when he does stuff like this.

Maybe I should make myself clear Yeah he comes home to me, most girls would say that's all that matters but it's not fair that I'm still laying in bed while he locks himself in the bathroom for 2 hours or more to look at porn when I'm available for him!
How often do we have sex? ugh when we first moved in we did it like 4 times a day but we were 17 then now we work full time and I feel like I'm not living up to how I used to be but neither is he now we both work full time and maybe 1-2 times a week now
1-2 a week is like drought levels for us...we have been so tired and he works hard but isn't more effort to jack off alone for who knows how long instead of laying down, getting me in the mood then lay back and let me take over.?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I laugh at some of disagrees on here. Obviously, watching porn is a choice. It can definitely be as addictive as gambling or drinking. So the argument is always, "Is porn acceptable". As a personal choice, yes it is. No law prohibits someone from viewing it. So it isn't "wrong". However the neat thing about this is that you also have a choice. If your boyfriend wants to establish or keep his relationship with you, then you also have the choice of being with someone who chooses to watch porn. You do not have to put up with it, nor do you have to conform and say "Well everyone does it anyhow". Not so, I don't choose to do drugs. And that's my personal choice. If someone doesn't like that aspect about me or my significant other, then that's tough luck. The same thing can be applied with porn. If your boyfriend cannot understand that you want a relationship where porn is out the door, then he is not even close to being a worthy suitor. When it comes to who we date, you are perfectly liable to set boundaries, no matter what anyone says. It's your life and not theirs.

• I really like this answer.

• Show Older
    • Do not call me an idiot ever again. Do you understand me? Your the confused one here, I never said there was a comparison between procreating and drugs. Watching porn is no different than an addiction. It is by DEFINITION, an addiction as well. Furthermore personal choice can be anything. People date based on similar backgrounds and their enthinicities. That is CHOICE. The same thing with being with a person who is alcoholic or addicted to anything else. Now grow up, and learn to be more mature.

• A person can become addicted to p*rn and masturbation. When one orgasms the brain releases Dopamine, the "pleasure" drug. This is also the same chemical which is released when one smokes weed and various other drugs. The brain is wired so that we seek more of this chemical so saying that masturbation and p*rn is addicting and not related to drugs is really ignorant.

What Guys Said 36

• Get with your boyfriend and find some middle ground in which you both can live. You're not accepting the porn, he's not abandoning it. So, rather than blowing up the relationship (drastic), or trying to make each other change (stupid), make a deal. You pretend the porn doesn't exist, he makes you believe that you're hotter than any woman he knows or imagines. Every sound relationship must spend some time in the Land of Make-Believe.Four years is too long to be arguing this. Ask yourself seriously: do you really want to blow up your relationship over this? If not, let the argument die, and bury it.P.S.: It's serious mistake to make our partners account for our childhood anxieties. It's what shrinks are for, to keep us from infecting our important relationships with them.

• I know this is an old one but take some sexy pic's of yourself and that way he'll masturbate looking at pic's of you. he might still look at porn thow just because he's use to it

• Ok well he has been looking at porn and jacking off way before you met him, except that fact it's the truth. Why he watches porn instead of having sex with you when you laying in bed is a mystery to me. But he's not going to stop and you keep trying to make him, sure he will say he will stop but he won't simple as that he won't stop, pretty much every guy looks at porn, every guy jacks off, you could compromise watch porn with him and have sex while your watching it. But you will never get him to stop looking at porn so just let it go.

• Your demand is unreasonable. Your boyfriend is a person also and as such entitled a private side of his life. Perhaps you could get some psychological counseling to help you deal with your problem. You seem to have an issue from childhood, a lot of insecurity, and a need to be controlling. Any of those problems left untreated can destroy a relationship.

• I'm so sorry that you think sharing an intimate relationship and being sexual with someone you love is so unreasonable. I'll admit that everyone is entitled to privacy but you have to understand that I don't hide stuff behind his back like he does to me. There's something to be said about honesty in a relationship. I even bought him some porn the last time we argued about this but he still insist in spending money to only later hide in under our washer...that's not privacy that's dishonesty!!!

• Show Older
    • Umm your how old are you? shouldn't you be playing shuffle board or bridge or something?? and again he is the man of my house and I've always believed it's the mans job to make his woman feel special, protected and loved (i'm sure your wife has no idea how that feels since she has a big p**** for a husband) he does a good job being my man other than this one area that happens to be hindering our sex life. He's the one that has to control his problem I'm just making it known that it hurts me.

• And what about anything I said is controlling or manipulative. A relationship is about working together to find common ground and that's impossible to achieve if you don't make your wants and needs known. I WANT him to stop looking at porn so he can spend time with me in bed I NEED him to be more available and to make me feel wanted as much as I want him. I can't stop him from doing anything all I'm doing is trying to find ways to make him WANT to be with me instead. Now y are you so angry?

• This question is asked time and time again. This a copy and paste of my answer from another question along similar lines.=================================Porn + masturbation is different from sex.I could quite easily be in the mood for a quick wank, without wanting sex. Masturbation is a purely selfish act that's 100% stress free. You don't have to worry about:- Do I smell ok- Did I brush my teeth- I should have trimmed my pubes- Is she enjoying this- Am I going to fast- Damn I should slow down- Will this lead to a relationship talk?And so on. You can just sit back and look at whatever fantasy you happen to like at that moment. The internet (and the porn) allows for us guys to fulfil our generally rapid fire switching of turn ons at will. For instance I might start of, say, wanting to look at Jennifer Love Hewitt pictures, and during the course of a wank, that migrates into big breasts - bouncing big breasts - jumping - skipping - jogging - girls on a beach jogging - sex on a beach. Within the space of a few minutes.I honestly don't think the majority of girls understand that, or indeed how the male fantasies work. From what my girlfriend has told me, her fantasies when masturbating are long drawn out elaborate scenes. Her favourite is about being a saloon dancing girl in a wild west tavern and being taken by wild bill, the local bad guy. She's been masturbating to the same fantasy and imagined image for years.---------------All guys are different. All guys have different porn tastes and levels. I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND intently, but at the same time I still watch porn. My friend however, when he started going out with his now wife, he deleted all his porn on his computer (but did admit to watching it still online at times anyhow). Another friend of mine as more porn than the internet! (Seriously, spindles of dvds, all categorised) that he and his girlfriend watch.Talk to your boyfriend about it, talk to him and say how it makes you feel. But in doing so, try to understand that porn to a male, and masturbation for that matter, is TOTALLY SEPARATE ENTITY to sex with a loved one. I cannot stress that enough.

• I agree it is addictive.. and just because he's doing it doesn't meant he's lost any interest in you. It's just an aid to masturbating.. It's not like he's going out and doing other girls..It's better for him to be get off on porn..than on another girl.

• I am sorry for the situation you are in. Believe me, despite what many men will say, you are not the problem, porn is. Since I have addressed this question a number of times I will link you to my other responses. link link link I would also advise that he is probably addicted and won't quit without a serious spiritual change in his life. Porn will cause problems in your relationship and I would recommend you look for a relationship in which you are more likely to share common values and ideas about pornography.

• Dude... get over yourself

• Amandagurl, that really doesn't seem like the kind of thing an 18 yo girl would say. Is that you Smithie?...Dude, there is something mentally wrong with you. You are a 42 year old man with an extra profile on here that happens to be of an 18 yo girl.

• What a wide variety of replies to this topic, and most seem aimed at hostility from one side or the other. From the girls perspective the first reply from 38rakia38 was pretty spot on. Many humans of both genders get off watching erotica, lots of times together but clearly it's primarily males that enjoy porn. So? The real issue here might not be the porn so much as the Boyfriend acting like an F***tard and rubbing her nose in it. If the girl is available and willing (without the 'in the mood' BS) then there is little reason for him to watch porn so openly in front of her and in hostile defiance of her. Watching porn = mildly acceptable for most humans but treating your girl like spoiled leftovers is just uncool. Give her the attention and affection she requests and IF you want something else then be discrete and don't make an issue of it. For her own sake a thicker skin and some counseling appears to be in order. But he's still acting like a F***tard if he's whanking it for 2 hours behind a bathroom door. Most guys would far prefer to enjoy a live warm smiling affectionate girl instead of something on a screen but everyone's different. If your Boyfriend can't understand this or chooses porn over real sex then his head isn't scerwed on straight. How dissimilar would it be if she spent every wwaking moment reading 'romance' novels full of smutty passages? Not very. All relationships require tolerance of your mates peculiarities and equal parts love and understanding. From the story above there doesn't appear to be much tolerance on either side and that's not OK. The question might be "IF you were getting all of the sex you wanted AND he only checked out porn in your absence then would this remain a sore topic? Likely not. So it might not be the porn as much as the hostile situation from a callous pr*ck Boyfriend who routinely ignores his girl? And those who claim that all porn is bad are likely repressed in other ways. Sex should be good for both genders and any erotica that promotes great sex should be applauded. By both sides. My wife bought me a subscription to Playboy nearly 20 years ago and I show decent respect by not reading it in front of the kids and by being there for her "LIVE" whenever she chooses. Whenever. Wherever. So it has never gotten in the way. And she's also watched porn and usually laughs at how bad the acting is or how skanky the women are. And they are skanky if you look close enough so there's nothing to feel threatened by. Different strokes for different folks but still I'm there when she wants the goods so she's never felt threatened by any of it. Good luck and I hope it's gotten better since you posted this question.

• Don't let it bother you. You are only going to hurt yourself and him. Guys look at porn. Period. Want to go through life hating men? Instead, try to understand it, and even encourage it. Even better, do what my wife did one time and take a few shots of yourself and give it to him. I am serious, the sooner you stop getting bothered by this, the sooner you can become a better girlfriend, and friend.

• I suggested this to another woman wo complained about this very same situation. Bring him some porn DVD's from his collection(if he has dvd's) and ask him which is his favorite. Pop in his favorite one skip to a scene he considers hot and mimic what the woman is doing in the video while he is watching. You can make yourself look like a porno lady, gawdy make-up, big hair and over exaggerated moaning and groaning. wear a whong, lots of good perfume, powder yourself up etc. The woman I suggested this to reported positive results and now they roleplay alot. Seemed like a dumb idea but I suggested it anyway and it turned out positive. I am sure there are a lot of "roleply" websites out ther with better suggestions. By the way don't cry about the porno actresses being perfect, they get a lot of surgery, lots of trick photography and we guys kinda get bummed out when we see how gigantic some of these guys are in those video's. So your not alone. Porno movies are all about fantasy and you can make anything look bigger or smaller in a movie...like godzilla looks huge and when he stomps tokyo it looks very convincing, but we all know its some dude in a rubber suit smashing model buildings, catch my drift? :-)

• Seriously those girls are all fake, they are pretty, but they are also not real. What I mean by that is that most of them have no moral values, and they don't give a crap about anyone. All they want is to get paid. Seriously don't worry so much about it, what you need to do is initiate the sex. Start touching him and rubbing up on him, when he lays next to you try kissing him and gently sucking on his neck and ears, whisper naughty things to him, tell him how much you want him inside you right now. That sort of stuff gets a guy turned on immediately! Seriously give it a try.all guys watch porn, and all guys masturbate. And I gurantee you he was doing it way before you guys hooked up. So relax, he's not your dad, so leave the past behind you. Porn is really not all that bad, its educational and its fun to watch as a couple :P

• This is not what you want to hear, I know. But you're not going to stop him from watching porn. Guys are wired to want to spread their seed as much as possible, thus why guys are stereotypically always interested in sex and horny all the time, etc.Looking at porn does NOT mean he doesn't care about you, or care about your feelings. It doesn't mean hewould rather look at porn stars than you, it doesn't mean you're not pretty enough, or aything like that. The fact that you're pushing him away even further because of it is only going to make him resort to it even more. The only way to really make him not look at porn so much would be to accept the porn and have sex with him more often. As far as bedroom issues go, if he's not doing it for you in the bedroom anymore either, then that's another matter and something you should talk about with him.Maybe try watching it with him some time and go down on him or something. Then you can see that it's not that he prefers these women over you, they're just a fill in for the sex he desires but is not getting. If you want further advice on this topic, see my other answers, I've responded to several of these types of questions on porn, but in summation: let go of your insecurities. Insecurity and jealousy over something like porn is a real turn off for guys.

• "He tells me I don't give it to him enough but I can't feel sexual and willing if I don't feel good about myself but I still try."I understand yeah guys are hardwired to spread the seed, but look at what he's said to her? That's not a guy who gives a S*** about how she feels about porn. Yeah he's gonna look at porn, and it upsets her, so in turn he lowers her self esteem?I think she needs to add an update, how often do you two have sex?

• Show Older
    • Yes yes, your argument is a good one, I'll give it that, but what's she's saying is more than just "why do guys watch porn", the subtext to her complaint it that she is unhappy with the fact that she does attempt to "satisfy" him, and instead he plays with himself instead of watching her.The way he went about "saying he needs more" was by being an asshole.There, your argument has just been reduced to the absurd, making it invalid. -rolls eyes-

• I'm not interested in arguing about porn anyways. People who hate it and people who accept it probably aren't going to change their opinions. And it didn't sound like he was being a dick about it in the question, but yeah, her elaborations in other comments made that clear. She should include that in an update or something.

• for one, when we want a quick wank, porn is easier. we don't have to do anything at all and we don't have to impress anyone. I have sex with my girl often, but sometimes when I am tired I don't want sex, just a quick wank, to realease some stress.second, I masturbate to porn all the time even if my sex life is good, there is really no connection here. I see it as a completely seperate activity.third, he doesn't want the porn girls, trust me. we like to jerk off to nasty girls we don't really want and then date the girls we actually want. it sounds strange maybe, but it is true. we never really want the porn girls or strippers or anything, we just like the idea of jacking off to them. he doesn't see them as perfect, trust me. he is with you for a reason. he does not want you to compete with them at all. seriously, you have the wrong idea.you need to stop feeling bad about yourself just because he looks at other girls sometimes. girls don't realize that all guys look at other girls and think about sex. I'm sorry to say, but we do. the difference is whether we act on it or not. if a guy is loyal and doesn't cheat then he is a good guy. don't expect him to never glance at a hot girl sometimes though. we all do it. if my girlfriend's sister is wearing a low cut top or tight pants, I am going to notice. I would never dare go after her nor do I want her at all, I want my girlfriend. doesn't mean I don't notice her hot body.I honestly think you need to stop being hurt rather than him stop doing it. you need to get over this self esteem problem. if he stops and you don't get over your problem then it will rear its ugly head in some other way. you will get hurt when he says a certain actor is good looking or when you catch him glancing at the waitress's chest.you need to just stop being hurt by this.it is so unfortunate that men have the biological reaction to check women out all the time while women somehow have the reaction to hate this. how strange. I guess it has something to do with men's need to spread our seed (and with the most biologically superior women) and women's need to secure her mate so she can get seed and raise children. the thing is, we can't help but react this way to some extent, but we are smart enough to recognize it and choose more wisely. I will choose to only have sex with one girl, and choose a smart nice girl even though my biology is telling me to choose many women and to choose the hottest ones.given that we are in control of ourselves in the important respects, I think we need to let go some of the smaller reactions we don't like, like glancing at a girl walking by or being impressed by a man who is rich and can lift heavy things. I accept that my girl is naturally attracted to certain things about guys other than me. as long as she doesn't cheat I'm happy.this isn't a matter of you having to improve sexually, it is not connected to that.

• Hi I ran into your comment while search for answers of why my boyfriend occasionally watch porn stars. I understand your explanation and agree with you to a certain level. My question for you is, if we do not have limit, and just 'let it go', then how do guys know where the limit is? My concern is that there are so many sick stuff on the internet and many unrealistic looking bombshells online. Do you think an innocent act could lead to more perverted ideas in relationship?

• Show Older
    • *or possible ones

• Doc is right very right...

• let him watch porn,its normal..but jus make sure you revive romance between the two of you so that there spicyness in you life,then he MIGHT stop watchin altogether..

• sounds like he's got an addiction on his hands, good luck

• Inserts Rimshot sound effect *Badoom---pissh* that was almost funny, lol. We guys shouldnt be so mean to her, this site is meant to help others...not hurt them.

• Well..u said u're adventurous and love to try new stuff. So let ur boy get some ideas..nothing wrong in watching.

• he may need some help-he sounds like he is having a problem with fantasy versus reality-guys are visually stimulated and that is what pumps up his urge to find release-when you are not there it is his hand in combination with porn -do not blame yourself just try to be around him more and help him realize that all women are not there for him-----they got paid to pose and left it at that--and they are robbing you of hours of orgasms with your man! He may think its ok for now but if you give him an ultimatum-me or the porn which will he choose-i hope he is not a fool and chooses you over his hand-if not then he has not respected you-never will and has been crippling your self-esteem in a most demeaning way

• I only use porn with her,she usually watching it or dominateing some amatuer site,naughty girl

• Porn is really addictive and is hard to stop after a while and its not that he doesn't get enough it just starts to become one of those routine things you know like brushing your teeth or taking a shower its just hard not to.

• I look at porn and I think it's a general consensus that most people at least do from time to time. My last 2 girlfriends looked at porn at least as much as I did and we definitely got some cool ideas. Any girl I've known really well to where they would admit to me that they do it, look at porn. You should try and push your parent's problems out of your mind. Just look at it in a totally different way. Porn can be fun for both of you.

• Guys like porn because that's where their imaginations come to life. Or at least they think it is. They want to live the pornstar life but without the strippers, without the men with long penises, without the STD's and instead with all the women of their past or any women of their choosing. In fact, they think about these women more than the actual women they see in the porn. Men like to have sex very easily when they are horny. They want it like a fat man wants his Big Mac Meal without waiting for more than 60 seconds. That's how the male hormones work. Every guy watches porn behind closed doors. Make no doubt about it. They are horn dogs. However, some guys are better at keeping it private.

• Personally, I never ever had the desire to watch porn when I had a GF. Hell, if I had a Girlfriend who was adventurous in bed and wanted to try things and wanted to actually have sex at least weekly, I'd NEVER look at porn... Why on earth would I?If your Boyfriend is still looking at porn even though you don't like it, I think you need to press the issue hard with him. Its a realtionship issue, if he doesn't respect the fact that you don't like it, and he still does it, there is a problem. I'd be in hog heaven if I could find a girl who wanted it that often. I'd NEVER ever look at porn for two hours in the bathroom when my Girlfriend is right there and willing and ready to go. WTF? That just boggles my mind!My X-GF wanted to have sex less and less as time went on, and I still wanted it every time I was with her. It got to the point where she would tell me to look at porn and masturbate because she didn't want it... That sucked... thank god I ended that. It's a hard life trying to make it with someone that has a different sex-drive. But the fact of the matter is that I never looked at porn at all unless I HAD to get some and she wasn't givin it up..I don't know what to tell you, but I'd say just press the issue, and if he keeps on doing it, get out of that because if he will defy you so easily to look at porn, when you are there for him, he may end up being unfaithful or something like that...Good luck!

• Aww you are a rarity and a sweetheart!

• He's actually NOT a rarity. I know a lot of guys like this and have dated some. Why watch sex on a computer screen, when you can actually HAVE the fun?!

• Lol thanks JeanetteG... I can assure you I AM a rarity! :)

• Dude, it's porn. I understand your psychological damage from youth, but if you need therapy, go get some. No shame in it. Don't make the "norm" porn viewing guy change his ways. It's relatively normal as said. Get treatment. Yeah, I know he should be able to understand you and your problem, but it's hard sometimes. Porn is fake for a reason. Sometimes we want 50 cheerleaders at one time. That's something that you can never do, but our hands can...

• ""norm" porn viewing" is not "he locks himself in the bathroom for 2 hours or more to look at porn when I'm available for him! "If he can't appreciate you and will ignore you for 2 hours while he gets off, knowing that he's also hurting you while he's getting off, he may be enjoying that aspect, and if so, he's a sick jerk, and you should lose him, because you deserve better.

• I'd say he should listen to you. Yes, p*rn is part of almost every man's life. It doesn't mean your boyfriend can't make an effort to please you. It will be hard for him to cut his habits -- and maybe impossible to cut it completely -- but if he loves you, he should at least try if this is how you feel. A guy gets exposed to p*rn at an early age. After thinking things through -- and it took me a while -- I don't think it's normal to lust other women and get off through p*rn while being in a relationship with someone special, someone you love. And yet guys do it because of the conditioning of the brain. You can always pretend p*rn is only images and video, but who are we kidding? I'm fucking these p*rn stars in my mind. P*rn ruined my relationship with a nice and beautiful girl, because I couldn't make the effort. It's been a while, but I'm still longing for her. I was just stupid. I'm listening to the wishes of my current girlfriend now, but constantly thinking about that other girl almost feels like cheating in itself.

• He looks at porn because:a) he likes looking at porn, and b) it's not all about you.

• oh shut the hell up about the sex! try being 40 and still a damn virgin because women won't give me the time of day!

• Harsh. don't have to be mean. just because you can't get some in your bed dosen't mean you have to be mean to people that do get some in the bed. go f*** yourself

• Show Older
    • LOL! I don't think anybody even needs to reply to this... You kinda got yourself, buddy? Hahaha..

• damn she owned your ass

• I'm going to be honest too, I used to look a lot at all that stuff when I was single, but a lot of guys do that too. It's addictive, and it's hard to quit. Instead of fighting with your guy, perhaps you should help him to stop.It's a hard life when it's driven by porn.

• I'll be honest. I look at porn fairly often. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment though. If I did, and she didn't want me to look at porn, I wouldn't. Sure, hormones can be very powerful, but any guy who tells you he can't stop looking at porn is either mentally diseased, or is lying. All it takes is a little will power, okay, sometimes a lot of will power. But still, I think your boyfriend just prioritizes looking at porn over your self esteem. If you can't live with his priorities, and he can't change him, leave him. If I were your boyfriend I would chuck the porn and just use my imagination to masturbate. Have you suggested this to him? Too much porn weakens the imagination, he may have forgotten how to use it.

• Just walk away... he's not worth it... !

• Some of you guys are flat out mean, why are you trying to hurt her?

• First of all, I don't think it's because he doesn't love you. Yes, he is being an asshole and he has no right to act like that, but it's more because it's something guys do. And it is a very difficult habit to break. I also find porn disgusting and I could never watch it, but I do masturbate and it would be difficult to stop completely. Maybe he just needs more time. As for why he masturbates even when you're willing to have sex with him, I don't know the answer. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because no one knows how to satisfy him better than himself.But one thing you should know. The women in porn are not pretty at all. They are complete exaggerations simply because it's easier to get off to. They are completely out of proportion, and none of them are attractive. Try to imagine a porn star walking down the street. She would turn heads. But not because she's pretty. Only because she's an exaggeration. It's hard to explain, but believe me. Your boyfriend doesn't want you to look like those women.I'm really sorry he's making you feel this way and I wish there was something I could do about it. Just keep in mind that he is the problem. Not you. Good luck with this!

• I know what you mean because I service myself quite often (without porn)when he's not avaiable because he's looking at porn it would be hard to stop old habits but I've given him 4 years since we lived together and it always comes back my only thing is that he's not looking at the sterotypical girls with fake tits and all, he likes looking at normal looking girls with real boobs regular girls and that makes me feel bad because I'm a regualr girl too and I'm not fat or anything so I don't know

• I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But I really don't think it's because he thinks they're prettier than you are. It's just a completely different activity than sex, and just because he sometimes prefers that, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. Just keep trying to get him to stop, but whatever happens, don't think it's because you're not good enough. Because that's not what it's about.

• Show More

What Girls Said 20

• he's an ass.especially if he knows it hurts you.i would probably slap the guy if he were my bf.definitely just warn him once more and if you can't take it anymore. just forget it. or at least tell him to jack off to porn when you're not around

• Girls in porn are paid to have sex, and frankly, being a chick myself, I don't really find most of the porn actresses any more attractive than anyone else.Sounds like you have an issue with what your parents went through, porn is simply just erotica in it's own way, like a romance novel or playgirl.The fact that you said, "He tells me I don't give it to him enough but I can't feel sexual and willing if I don't feel good about myself but I still try." leads me to believe your boyfriend is, no offense, a F***tard. If he likes feeling his hand on his dick more than he likes feeling his dick inside of you (the girl who is and always will be more attractive than a plastic barbie doll paid to get laid ^_^), then f** him. That's NOT helpful to your self-esteem.My boyfriend looks at porno while we do it sometimes, and I don't mind it because I know when he does look at porn he's using it for what it is intended, as anticipation for me, his partner. I watch porn when I'm horny, but nothing beats the meat, I use it simply to get off, knowing that my own sex life is not fictional or faked as it is in most professionally done porno.He may love you, but if he's not willing to see how tormented you are when he does this, then he certainly has a very F***ed up way of showing it. And then to tell you that you don't give it to him enough is ludicrous. Maybe instead of whackin the mole to some chick on the tv, he should try oh...idk...getting his lazy butt off the couch and spending more time with you?I'm not trying to be rude, I'm simply trying to point out that porno is okay, when used properly, and that your boyfriend is an a**hole.

• He is addicted to porn. He is comparing you with those girls which is totally unfair.Try your best to stop his addiction. Trust me, it is possible.Even I was a porn addict.

• why don't you try to look at it by yourself one day I am a female and I like to watch porn my best friend is a female and she is addicted to it

• you need to talk to him about it and tell him if it doesn't stop that the projections online is all he is going to have in the end, and if he doesn't stop leave him, cause you don't need that crap, if he isn't around, you will find someone better hun. good luck!

• hes a dick

• "my guy needs to get his shit straight too and needs to come to terms with the fact that the girl he said he loves is hurting because of something he's able to control"... Great point! Why don't you try counselling from a local church or something? They are often free.

• First of all, you were deeply affected by your dad's porn stash and that event is affecting your relationship. I think you need to speak to a professional about your childhood experience, so you may get some insight about why it bothered you so much. DO NOT FEEL LIKE ANY OF YOUR EMOTIONS ARE YOUR FAULT. You were very young and that's a lot for an innocent 6-year-old.Your boyfriend should be more understanding. If he knows it bothers you so intensely, and is aware that there is childhood trauma behind your behaviour, he should try to help you. Lastly, everyone likes porn. Women and men. Some porn is violent and very wrong, but all people are aroused by watching other people have sex. Once in a while, a boyfriend OR GIRLFRIEND will view porn, everyone needs a change ONCE IN A WHILE. However, doing it a lot around someone who has a deep-rooted issue with it, is just inconsiderate.

• Also, don't feel bad about feeling jealous of the girls in the porn videos. Jealousy is normal. However, you have no reason to be jealous. Seriously, no respectable guy would actually date a pron star.

• Hun my boyfriend does the same thing... Don't let it bother you.. it's not cheating because he's not having sex with another girl... Yes it hurts but don't let it get to you because there are bigger problems to worry about.As long as your sex life doesn't give up completely then as long as you two still have sex things are always going to be busy in life... just try to make time. plan out a schedule or something. or surprise him with something sexi.

• I like that answer that's what I do with my boyfriend

• You ladies are in unblissful denial of the reality you know exists. If you don't have higher expectations...well, rarely do we get higher quality than we demand.

• Ok this is how it is, no matter what guys stare at girls even if they got gfs. Maybe they can control it sometimes not to look at them in a dirty way but most of the time they can't because of the sexy view they see. But him watching pornos and masturbating him self is wrong, when he got a gf. No matter what you look like he should do these kinder flings with the girl he really loves not some fake girls out there. Now if you already spoke to him about it.. and he said he will change and he still didn't change then definitely he doesn't hav a respect towards you because his not listning to something that makes you upset. My opinion is explain this to him clearly how his not listening to you and giving you respect and if he still doesn't change well too bad, don't deal with something that upsets you over and over again. This is just a circle that's happening over and over again. You don't need a person like that in your life You absolutely deserve to be happy, not just put your hopes up and think he will change because if his not willing to respect, make you happy and change himself then as I said TOO bad. Don't be scared be strong if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out, there are so much guys out there, innocent its hard to find but hello nothing is easyy

• I know people will hate this response, but I'm going for it anyways. Guys are stupid sometimes, and they do stupid things without thinking about how it will make you feel. he's not doing it because he doesn't love you, and he's not doing it because those girls are prettier then you. he's just plain and simply a guy, and guys love to look at porn. I know plenty of girls who are much better looking than girls in porn, and their guys still look at it. And you do not want to be like those girls! they are nasty slutty bimbos who aren't smart enought to get real jobs! I have asked many of my guy friends this question, and they all tell me when they look at porn it has nothing to do with how they feel about their girlfriend. And I think its dumb when people say "at least he comes home to you". You don't have to settle like that. Girls who stay with guys who don't come home are just stupid. if it makes you that uncomfortable and sad he should respect you and try to change. He can live without porn, he's not going to die. But also know its not going to happen over night. Its going to take a lot of effort on both parts. Also, have you tried looking at it with him? Maybe if you did that he wouldn't have to hide it and feel bad, and you wouldn't have to catch him and feel sad.

• for some men, the only way they can achieve full sexual satisfaction is by severely hurting their mate. your boyfriend is one of these men. if the porn is really a problem, try to give him other outlets for this totally normal tendency of his. it could be good to start with some light smacking of your face and roughhousing. But this is not enough. for most men it will need to progress to full anal blasting. You will eventually need to see a doctor. This will not stop him. it is really a question of whether you truly love him. if you do, you will give him what he needs to be satisfied.

• Honey I think you might need some counseling. If you hate the fact that he watches porn so much then you need to dump him. You need to really think a bout it and decide if you really hate him watching porn so much that you would end your relationship, or if you can try to forget a bout it and go on with your relationship. If he were my boyfriend I would have already dumped his shitty ass. But hay maybe you really love him. Watching porn is just like smoking, some can stop but allot of people cant. If he isn't willing to change you might want to dump him. And your self esteem really needs some help. I bet you really are pretty. Besides if it helps, most of those chicks in porn are plastic. They've gotten a bunch of surgery's done. Do you really think some girls could have boobs that big? At least your 100% natural.

• he could be addicted

• Personally I don't thing watching porn is bad. Very Freakish porn is bad. But I watch it in my home whenever I want, and let my boyfriend watch it anytime he wants. It gives us new ideas to get the desire going

• i watch porn with him... when its tiring and getting himself up is a little harder,its mind booster but it helps me do me good...i don't get insecure,instead I work out and stay fit,buy lingerie they wear,for some plays...when he starts jacking off even if ur there available? do the same and you have to be strong and stick to that...buy toys that are bigger than his hehee this would be like my friends story..it should make him feel insecure like you do and it'll teach him a lesson...the key is to make him feel that you love ur toy better than his..like what he makes you feel about porn ladies..this should pull him to the ground..and plus its fun..

• honey, I think you need some counseling.

• Wow, girl I'm sure you are so beautiful and don't ever be jealous of those girls, it's all plastic surgery and masks that make them so called "beautiful" It seems that you and your boyfriend are getting alittle tired of eachother, maybe take some time off? If not that just sit him down one day and tell him how you honestly feel. Tell him that it makes you feel less important than his addiction he has.

• lmao sometimes porn is addictive. once you watch you can't stop no matter how hard you try!

• Why does it hurt you. We don't all look at p*rn because we want to have an emotional affair with a p*rn star. I watch gay p*rn just because I love watching men receive pleasure & like to imagine myself giving my love pleasure like that. It is a great way to learn how to please men & it really turns you on. Plus, even if your guy get's turned on by looking at p*rn ladies, isn't it better for him to watch p*rn than actually go out & cheat? Men don't have as much self control as women, so they need to find healthy ways to relieve themselves. I would never have an issue with a guy watching p*rn because at least he's not actually doing what he's watching with other girls, biggest fear a woman has by the way. Try wathing it with him, you might light it.

• dump his sorry ass if he has no problem hurting you than he is a stupid bastard and not even worth your time.

• Wow, apparently some of you ladies are just as mean as the guys. So instead of trying to make a situation turn out for the best and offering suggestions to make her life happier you suggest something that would make her feel more pain and hurt. Amazing.