Why does my boyfriend look at porn when he knows it hurts me?

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and we have this on going fight every time I find porn. I had a bad childhood experience and found my... Show More

Maybe I should make myself clear Yeah he comes home to me, most girls would say that's all that matters but it's not fair that I'm still laying in bed while he locks himself in the bathroom for 2 hours or more to look at porn when I'm available for him!
How often do we have sex? ugh when we first moved in we did it like 4 times a day but we were 17 then now we work full time and I feel like I'm not living up to how I used to be but neither is he now we both work full time and maybe 1-2 times a week now
1-2 a week is like drought levels for us...we have been so tired and he works hard but isn't more effort to jack off alone for who knows how long instead of laying down, getting me in the mood then lay back and let me take over.?

Most Helpful Guy

• I laugh at some of disagrees on here. Obviously, watching porn is a choice. It can definitely be as addictive as gambling or drinking. So the argument is always, "Is porn acceptable". As a personal choice, yes it is. No law prohibits someone from viewing it. So it isn't "wrong". However the neat thing about this is that you also have a choice. If your boyfriend wants to establish or keep his relationship with you, then you also have the choice of being with someone who chooses to watch porn. You do not have to put up with it, nor do you have to conform and say "Well everyone does it anyhow". Not so, I don't choose to do drugs. And that's my personal choice. If someone doesn't like that aspect about me or my significant other, then that's tough luck. The same thing can be applied with porn. If your boyfriend cannot understand that you want a relationship where porn is out the door, then he is not even close to being a worthy suitor. When it comes to who we date, you are perfectly liable to set boundaries, no matter what anyone says. It's your life and not theirs.

• I really like this answer.

• Show Older
    • Do not call me an idiot ever again. Do you understand me? Your the confused one here, I never said there was a comparison between procreating and drugs. Watching porn is no different than an addiction. It is by DEFINITION, an addiction as well. Furthermore personal choice can be anything. People date based on similar backgrounds and their enthinicities. That is CHOICE. The same thing with being with a person who is alcoholic or addicted to anything else. Now grow up, and learn to be more mature.

• A person can become addicted to p*rn and masturbation. When one orgasms the brain releases Dopamine, the "pleasure" drug. This is also the same chemical which is released when one smokes weed and various other drugs. The brain is wired so that we seek more of this chemical so saying that masturbation and p*rn is addicting and not related to drugs is really ignorant.