Why do girls not like to wear panties sometimes?

Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears all did it. It's not like they forgot, and it was just a simple "oops." I can't believe any girl that says "it's too hot," because even a thong can give you more than adequate circulation.

As a guy, we need underwear of some sort, because if we go commando, then we are playing a dangerous game of manhood VS zipper. And it's not fun when the zipper wins (I know from experience). But luckily, girls don't have that problem that guys have.

Is there a good reason why a girl would not wear at least a thong in a public place?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just something attention-starved females do when they want attention.

I’ve personally NEVER gone in public without some form of underwear because I think it’s trashy, but I know for a fact that some of my friends do…eww!

Nobody wants to admit that they do it for the attention because that makes them look really bad. So they make up stupid excuses. Here’s some I’ve heard.

1. It’s too hot (no, underwear is very…breathable)

2. I don’t want my panty lines showing (wear thongs or no-lines)

3. I was in a hurry so I just didn’t bother to put any on (It takes like 5 seconds to put on underwear)

4. It’s a lot trashier if it sticks out the top of your pants (what if something else sticks out? O_o)

5. It’s not like anybody’s gonna see (it’s very obvious…)

6. They feel yucky (breezy feels a lot worse when you’re worried about showing something!)

7. I didn’t have any that were clean (closest to legit I guess, but you should plan better!)

8. It was a dare (don’t take the dare…)

Some people…lol!

• LOL, I loved your answer

for 7. I didn't have any that were clean (so if you didn't have a shirt that was clean would you just walk out of the house topless?)

• Lol...i agree also! And about number 6, how can panties feel "yucky" or uncomfortable when there are PLENTY of panties out there made special for comfort??

And can you imagine if someone had to pee SOO bad, and they had to hold it and wait for whatever reason, and accidentally, a drop of pee came running down their leg because they had no underwear on?? lol!! EWW......

• This is the dumbest answer I've ever seen from any girl on any question on this website. Because somebody has a different view than you, they must be attention starved? Give me a break. Get over yourself. That's like somebody who doesn't wear them saying "DERR, anybody who wears panties is just a cold fish prude who doesn't like to have fun. But they have to come up with stupid excuses like (lists excuses with idiotic arguments against them)." The funniest part of the whole thing is that you're accusing people of craving attention by doing something NOBODY CAN TELL THEY ARE DOING! Umm, no, it's not "obvious" unless they're wearing skirts and making sure you can see up there. *THAT* may be attention seeking, but newsflash, the vast majority of girls who don't wear panties don't do that. But go ahead and keep thinking the tiny percentage of girls you can tell don't wear them are the only ones not wearing them. I'm seriously blown away by how self centered you are. Some people!

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 39

• My skirts and dresses aren't so short that anyone would be able to tell if I'm wearing any in the first place...so the whole argument that its slutty or trashy or attention seeking is out the window. Even if I'm wearing panties no one sees it except my boyfriend when my clothes come off...no exceptions.

So whether or not I wear underwear is something only I know...and yeah, I do go without sometimes...just cause I feel like it. Just like how I go without a bra sometimes...just cause I feel like it. I'm pretty small sized anyway, so if its a tight enough top (but not so tight it flattens me out) its not like anyone notices that either.

Theres nothing unsanitary abotu going withotu..unless your dress is so short your butt touches your chair..and panties or no panties, that's too short. That's like saying being naked is wrong and unsanitary and one should be fully dressed at all times...really now.

• I can't really think of a reason. Some girls are just more comfortable without underwear, regardless of whether they're wearing jeans or a dress or whatever else. Commando can be kind of nice, haha. It's not like everyone who doesn't wear underwear flashes the goods. No one knows if I'm wearing any or not. Isn't that part of the fun of it? When I'm sitting down, I make sure my crack isn't hanging out of my jeans, underwear or not. There's no way for anyone to know.

Girls who actually flash the vag are obviously seeking attention, or they're just extremely careless.

• It sames like most women agrees that it is comfortable without undies, but what real......y don't understand, why is it so important forfor a women for guys not to see their v's? I have looked a porn to understand why but it is hard as hell to see their v's up there without their legs extermely wide open, I mean wide especially if the girls is plum and not skinny. Besides a guys is more unconfortable when a girl catches him looking then she is of him looking up there.

• I like the way yu answer year Q ...

• Thanks. =]

• no girl "forgets" to wear any when going out in a skirt or dress that's for sure

but with jeans sometimes we do forget but any girls wearin a dress or a skirt with no knickers on is just looking for attention or just so not classy

• I don't agree with you, I have had many girl friends that only wear undies during that time of the month. I have been friend with them for years and have not noticed any changes. Some girls just does it because they hate to have to look for matching undies. Many of my friends said that it is easer to just pick a bra and go with no panties on then have to look for a black panties for a black bra I think you get the picture...

• because they're messed in the head?

i wouldn't go out like that and purposely flash random people. total insanity.

i beleive mine is reserved and not to be public. I just think girls who do do this are a little f*cked in the head, imao ^_^

• Being the classy ladies that Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears are, I'm sure pairing short skirts with no panties was just a fashion faux pas. Flashing photographers was in no way a cry to save their careers. . .except in Paris Hilton's case--flashing people is her career.

I really don't know why a girl would go without panties, but I think most have enough common sense to make sure they're covered to avoid any awkward situations or unsanitary conditions.

More from Girls
34

What Guys Said 10

• Mostly to avoid panty lines.

• OMG, I actually winced when you talked about the zipper beating the manhood, like I have never gotten it stuck in there, but I have pinched some things a lot, and girls, child birth is nothing compared to having something hurt my dick and balls (sure I do not know what child birth feels like, but getting kicked in the balls can make a guy drop to the ground, having horrible stomach pains that last for weeks.)

• I am a guy and I have come across several girl's who do this and I don't see the problem when other girls make it an issue.One girl said that she just loves the feeling,it cool and free.Another said she like sitting in a crowded place where no one knows but her and it feels so confident and comfortable.This one said she is in the Air Force and she does it all the time because of the fitted uniform it makes her feel good.And another said that she was wearing a skirt to work 6 inches above her knees and one of the clips broke so she tossed her underwear and she felt so self conscious,after going back to her desk with do privacy screen she kept her legs shut tight but the more she thought about it she felt horny and then a cute guys walked in and she flashed him.The look on his face priceless.As a guy I love my jeans to fit close and I have a very big cock,sometimes my boxer briefs are too much to put under jeans so I just go without.

• Guys certainly do not need to wear underwear. I do not and have never had a zipper or any other problem. I have known girls who went without underwear some of the time with no problem.

• it is jst a turn onn ... so they won't show panties lines ... and sum jst do it to burn yu ...

More from Guys
5