Why are girls so afraid of sex?

why are girls so afraid of sex or sexual things

if its because of pregnancy... there are things out there that prevent that ya know

or do they (girls) just not desire it

Most Helpful Girl

• Here are my issues:

1) It will hurt. I've only done it once so I'm still worried about pain.

2) Pregnancy..nothing is foolproof. Although this wouldn't be the one to stop me if I was using protection.

3) Emotional attachment. This is the biggie. I need to feel a connection to have sex, and afterward I know I will feel bonded, and if he doesn't really care about me and just wants my body it will be very heartbreaking. In all honesty emotional attachment hurts almost as badly as a breakup. It hurt more than my last breakup in fact.

1 and 2 aren't the biggest issues, it's really the 3rd, that I will end up getting hurt. It just hurts a lot to be emotionally attached. Then you feel used and worthless. Some girls sleep around a ton for this reason, and it is a vicious cycle.

What Girls Said 15

• Where do you get the idea girls are afraid of sex?

• I've never been afraid of sex, not as a virgin and not now. If I were afraid of sex with someone, I'd simply not sleep with them and probably not spend time around them anymore if they scare me. In general though, I'm not afraid at all. I'm a very sexually-minded girl and I have a fairly high drive, sometimes my boyfriend struggles to keep up with me, lmao, only partly because he's almost 10 years older than me.

• lots of girls are victims well survivors of sexual abuse. some of them, it was done all through their childhood and growing up with it makes you scared to do it in the future even when you know it won't be like before...

• I am? Didn't know that's what fear felt like... helllllllllllllllloo.

• Reasons a girl might be "Afraid of sex":

-She's not comfortable with you enough yet

-She's never done it before

-She doesn't want to be taken advantage of

-She wants sex to be more than a one night stand

-She thinks you'd disrespect her during the act

-She's self conscious

-She doesn't want you to leave after the sex

More from Girls
10

What Guys Said 4

• They aren't.

Ok, a very number of girls are afraid of sex. Some don't want sex, which is different from being afraid of it. But most of them do want sex. That's my experience in the UK anyway (I'm not saying that I've had sex with lots of girls or anything, but I know because of conversations and experiences with male and female friends that most girls do want sex.

If they are young (i.e. below 16-18) then they might be scared because they are virgins and they don't know what sex is like. In a way, having sex using contraception is like skydiving - chances are you'll really enjoy it and nothing bad will happen, but if you've never done it before, it's scary, and there is a very small chance that something truly catastrophic will happen.

There's also often issues self-consicousness among girls. They think they are fat or ugly or have small boobs or whatever, so they don't want to get naked in front of a guy.

Or, for some girls, they just want to wait until they have met the right guy and will only ever have sex with someone they love. So just approaching random girls isn't that likely to work - they have to be your boyfriend and go out with you for a long time until they trust you and love you enough.

There's also the possibility that they have had bad sexual experiences like being abused.

If we're talking about someone older, then it's most likely that they just want to wait until they are in love with someone.

There's also the possibility that girls aren't afraid of having sex, but you're not getting any because you're trying to get it from the wrong people or in the wrong way or at the wrong time.

• Hi, could you do me a quick favour pls? I'm in the final round of a competition to volunteer round the world for a year. You can see my entry at: www.gvi.co.uk/round-world-gvi-tom-mower (I'm Tom Mower, I have a fake name on GAG so I can talk openly)

The winner is decided by a vote on Facebook ( link until THIS FRIDAY 18th May. So could you do me a huge favour and vote for me? It only takes 30 seconds and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks:D

• I think only virgins are ..

• It's just you they're afraid to sex it up with.

• girls do worry about getting pregnent and std's a real concern as well , some also can't handle there emotions when sex is involved .