Video contest with awardGaG Video Contest: Enter to win gift cards! Close

Why do guys call their penises junk?

I guess it's a nickname, but why? Junk is something you don't use, you don't need, and don't care if you lose it or throw it away.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems like a rather unusual thing for a guy to call something he is so proud of

What Guys Said 8

• Makes you realize what 'junk in the trunk' really means.

• Not really. I thought that waa about a butt.

• Probably one of the more / most stupid terms coined in this century...Black Eyed Peas sang about "...all that junk in your trunk",even more moronic...somebody thought it was "contemporary Chic"...seemed to be popular with the black teens that I worked with in Los Angeles

• Hmmm... seems like I hear white guys say it.

• I personally think that the term "junk" refers to all of a guys gear. The penis, the sack, the balls, there's a lot going on down there. And it just sits there like a pile of junk, because it's usually just in the way. That's my take on it.

• How is it in the way?

• It helps, but doesn't always last all day. lol

• Powdered balls... teehee

• On-par with heroin?

• cuz I hate the stupid thing id rather have a vulva be there instead plus its not used or wanted by a girl so why do I need it .. it just gets in the way its just like junk you want to get rid of LOL

• it is just the least vulgar thing we can think of

• Sounds more like a phrase brought about by certain women, men haters etc. lol

• You'd think... I find it offensive.

• The first time I heard it was in the movie that the dude from Saved by the Bell was in... Mark Paul Gossalear, or whatever. It was something about college. Anyway, the one frat dude told the other dude to "kick me in the junk", so since then, I've often called my nuts and dick my "junk". It's just easy to sum it up by calling it my junk. For example, I got kicked in my own nuts and dick by a dude, and it was just easier to say I got kicked in the junk.

What Girls Said 7

• good point!

i guess its just one of those things...

• because their magic stick they share with the world must have so many names to determine its awesomeness such as , weenie , dong, pee pee, and all sorts of things

• i think penises are often used as something comedic and so junk is just a joke .

• ^^Junk is something you don't use, you don't need, and don't care if you lose it or throw it away ^^

A lot of men see their d***s in such ways

• I wonder why they call their penis peckers? The guys I know are always like they have big ones and stuff so I'm like, don't call it a pecker it makes it seem micro.

• haha good point!