Girlfriend wants me circumcised?

Me 32 is dating a woman (36) for a while now, but this weekend she came on strong for the second time that she want me to get circumcised. I realize... Show More

yes the funny thing is now a month later the relationship is over because of some other issues she has ext. but I'm glad I didn't make such a sacrifice, because our relationship would have ended before the wounds have even healed, for what? so I agree with most of you. Thanks don't circumcise yourself for a lover's approval.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're 32 and uncircumcised, it would be absolutely RIDICULOUS for you to have the procedure done now. It would put you out of work for a while, and out of commission sexually for weeks, apart from the unnecessary pain it would cause.

Yes, it would be painful. No, it wouldn't really affect masturbation (it's only the tip of the foreskin, the rest of the skin still moves like before). Yes, there are women out there who "prefer" uncircumcised penises, but in my experience, ones that actually CARE significantly one way or the other are extremely rare.

Here in the U.S., it's done as a preventative measure. Circumcision as an infant causes pain that won't be remembered, and completely prevents several possible conditions that would be much more painful to deal with as an adolescent or adult. But you're 32. If any of those conditions were going to pop up, they'd have done so by now.

Cleanliness isn't an issue if you take care of it, and "it looks better" is hardly a reason. You're not asking her to have cosmetic surgery on her genitals. Breast augmentation, childbirth and gynecological exams are completely irrelevant to the situation.

She ~might~ be able to argue breast implants, but even still, cosmetic surgery isn't the NORM. Most women rely on makeup and push-up bras, which is about the equivalent of you stuffing a sock in your shorts. But ~childbirth~? Seriously? And gynecological exams for for HER HEALTH and have NOTHING to do with you or ANY other person.

If this is a deal breaker for her, then it should be a deal breaker for you, in my opinion.