Guys, is it normal to wake up horny?

my boyfriend called me this morning at 8 while I was at school before class. he has work at 930 but he woke up and he was horny! he said he woke up... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• There are actually a number of reasons why this is perfectly normal. As mrs-troy-dash pointed out below, men are their most viril in the morning, resulting from a combination of being rested and the rush of testosterone that comes with it.

Also, morning horniness is a bit of a backward reaction of the body tricking itself. One of the most common reasons that men achieve erections at night while they're asleep is because their bladder is full. As a mechanism against involuntary bladder release, the body activates the sexual system. Because the sexual and urinary systems can't operate simultaneously (ask a guy how hard it is to take a whiz immediately after sex, even with a full bladder) this stops the body from wetting itself.

However, even though the initial erection was most likely not caused by sexual arousal, once the erection occurs, the brain starts thinking in sexual mode. This creates a cycle of more sexual thoughts, which bolster the erection. Eventually the erection leads to horniness (which is odd, since it's normally the other way around!)

• Good answer and well phrased. You said it just like my husband explained it, especially the last paragraph. You explained it just like my husband described it to me

• Thanks for the compliment. My answer would have been better phrased if I hadn't used the word "cyckle" in it. Doh.

Also I have to amend it to say that the sexual and urinary systems can't work simultaneously *except* when consciously altered. (Guys you know what I mean by that: the awkward angles you have to stand at when trying to pee with a boner. Hilarious and annoying all at the same time.)