Can you love someone and not desire to have sex with this person?

Can you truly love someone and also not desire to have sex with this person?Would it be true love?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I, personally, don't enjoy sex. I don't know what it is, cocks too sensitive, or something. I am capable of love, and in fact do love, but have no desire to have sex. I have a friend who is analloerotic - basically, capable of romantic love but lacking in a general attraction, he doesn't want to have any kind of sexual involvement ever and the thought disgusts him. He's been very much in love. I have a friend who's a lesbian, while there are forms of lesbian sex it doesn't meet the criteria for sex as we know it, as in penetrative sex, so technically she doesn't want to have sex with her partner because she doesn't want her partner to have a penis, but she still loves her.There exists a thing called 'schizoid sexuality', wherein the schizo prefers to get his sexual kicks alone rather than with a partner, and dislikes the idea of screwing... They're still capable of love. You have asexuals, they're capable of love, you have people with anhedonia, they're capable of love, you have people who are extremely devout christians or islamics and sheikhs or otherwise, but take the christians for example, never having sex is highly praised, but their god is *all* love, it's very love-centric. Some people have been castrated, or have severe medical problems, etc.I'm meandering though, because I know what you're asking and what you mean probably aren't the same thing. But I'm providing examples of people who physically, mentally or morally cannot desire sex with anyone, and truly don't, however are all perfectly capable of loving, and that love being true. So, for a NORMAL person, who's penis-flesh is in the right order, has a sexuality friendly to both the libido and the penis, is generally desirous of engaging with other people, doesn't have any religious or moral obligations in the reverse and actually HAS genitals, if they don't want to have sex with someone, it's probably rooted SOMEWHERE on a less obvious, more subconscious, more freudian level, that prevents them from wanting it with them. For example, some men have the Madonna-Whore complex, you know, were they separate women into perfect chaste angels and horrible wanton vagrants. Someone with that kind of line of thought might have an underlying high-respect for the Madonna that he's picked out and is somewhere in there worried that f***ing her will turn her into a Whore.There's a lot of complexes (it's a... COMPLEX issue, haww haww haww!). In that example he doesn't want to out of pure IDOLISING of the girl, too. So yeah, it's possible.Why..?

What Guys Said 8

• I think you can. I mean, a relationship, or love is not only, or mainly about sex. It's more about enjoying spending time together, feeling comfortable sharing things, and being passionate. Sex is kind of "Extra" unless you want your own kids. Sure, you can adopt kids, but I would prefer my own biological kids.

• True love is not existant without the part where you make love, desire is a function we all enjoy, but sex is a communication we should all speak in, without it we lose the desire to be with that person, to be in love means you make love, so no sex , there's really no love, or its a love you can walk away from,x

• Yes, I could love them, but not be in love with them.

• Yes

• Yes :)

• What about your family?

• Yeah it can definitely happen, someone might just not enjoy sex at all and still love the other person, or they fell in love then the partner gained a lot of weight, decreasing the sexual attraction a lot, but they would still love them (unless they're really shallow in which case it probably wasn't love to begin with).

• Dunno if you can call it "love", but I do feel attached to a lot of women, without wanting to have sex with them. Of course, there are many reasons for not wanting a sexual relationship: they're already married, they're too young, I don't want another commitment, I already have commitments and would feel like I cheated, etc, etc, etc.For a guy, it's super easy to fall in love with a girl who flatters his ego, anyway...PS: There was this girl who said some nice things about my work, and that had my head turning round already :-)

What Girls Said 5

• Of course you can love a person without desiring sex with them. But if you mean a romantic type of love, that's more complicated. I think that if you are asexual and not generally interested in sex, you can find love without sexual desire because that's what's natural to you as an individual. But if you are normally interested in sex and you're not interested in it with a certain individual, it's probably not a complete romantic love. It wouldn't make sense to be interested in sex yet not interested in it with that one special person. I think it would be a sign that you aren't fully compatible romantically.

• Yes my boyfriend he says he loves me but yet he won't touch me so I guess this is more of a friendship love. I love my friends but not romantically, like the way I love my parents.

• yes, absolutely. no that is not true love.

• yeah I think so

• yes of course, I think that love is even more special.

• Yes more special, but harder to put into practice, especially when you do feel sexual attraction in general just not to the person you're in love with. At some point you have the sexual need, particularly for men...but women too