Can you love someone and not desire to have sex with this person?

Can you truly love someone and also not desire to have sex with this person?

Would it be true love?

Most Helpful Guy

• I, personally, don't enjoy sex. I don't know what it is, cocks too sensitive, or something. I am capable of love, and in fact do love, but have no desire to have sex. I have a friend who is analloerotic - basically, capable of romantic love but lacking in a general attraction, he doesn't want to have any kind of sexual involvement ever and the thought disgusts him. He's been very much in love. I have a friend who's a lesbian, while there are forms of lesbian sex it doesn't meet the criteria for sex as we know it, as in penetrative sex, so technically she doesn't want to have sex with her partner because she doesn't want her partner to have a penis, but she still loves her.

There exists a thing called 'schizoid sexuality', wherein the schizo prefers to get his sexual kicks alone rather than with a partner, and dislikes the idea of screwing... They're still capable of love. You have asexuals, they're capable of love, you have people with anhedonia, they're capable of love, you have people who are extremely devout christians or islamics and sheikhs or otherwise, but take the christians for example, never having sex is highly praised, but their god is *all* love, it's very love-centric. Some people have been castrated, or have severe medical problems, etc.

I'm meandering though, because I know what you're asking and what you mean probably aren't the same thing. But I'm providing examples of people who physically, mentally or morally cannot desire sex with anyone, and truly don't, however are all perfectly capable of loving, and that love being true. So, for a NORMAL person, who's penis-flesh is in the right order, has a sexuality friendly to both the libido and the penis, is generally desirous of engaging with other people, doesn't have any religious or moral obligations in the reverse and actually HAS genitals, if they don't want to have sex with someone, it's probably rooted SOMEWHERE on a less obvious, more subconscious, more freudian level, that prevents them from wanting it with them. For example, some men have the Madonna-Whore complex, you know, were they separate women into perfect chaste angels and horrible wanton vagrants. Someone with that kind of line of thought might have an underlying high-respect for the Madonna that he's picked out and is somewhere in there worried that f***ing her will turn her into a Whore.There's a lot of complexes (it's a... COMPLEX issue, haww haww haww!). In that example he doesn't want to out of pure IDOLISING of the girl, too. So yeah, it's possible.

Why..?