Girls do you really not like casual sex?

I think there was maybe one girl I've ever done anything sexual with that was cool with just sex. Every girl I have ever dated fell in love after sex. Even with the whole friends with benefits verbal agreement, every friends with benefits situation I've ever had the girls always caught feelings.

If you girls are like this, that's fine. I'm not saying it is wrong, or trying to convince you of anything. I've slept with a lot of women, but I haven't dated a girl in 3 years because I really don't want a relationship, and I don't want to break any more hearts.

So what is it? Are girls just not into casual sex like men are? Is it just how girls are with me? The girls I've dated? I hear girls say they like sex as much as men do, but I just don't see that when it comes to having sex without attachments

Most Helpful Guy

• No, 'girls are not into casual sex like men are'. Some like it. But instinctively they are not the same.

Sex drives for men is about one thing. Reproduction. You may not be thinking it, but that's the root of your drive. For men, having sex is always better then not having sex. Every chance to impregnate a woman is a good one. Now settling down and providing resources to a woman is a big deal. But random sex? Why not?

That strategy sucks for women. For most of human evolution, a woman who just randomly hooked up would spend the next two years pregnant or nursing some random guys kid, and years after that raising the kid. They can only have a kid every year or two.

While your instincts are saying 'is this the best girl I can screw in the next hour?', hers are saying 'is this the best guy I can land in the next two years, weighing up his genetics and whether he'll stick around'?

• Report

I study human evolution too and was thinking the exact same thing. But I know times are changing so I was curious to if women have changed a lot on a sexual level since they have on a societal one. Thumbs up

• Report

Instincts will only change if the new instinct results in more/more successful progeny.

For example, hating condoms would be an instinct that is likely to increase. Being somewhat poor at recognizing consequences and taking dumb risks is probably a useful trait in our society, in terms of having more kids. Etc.