Is it legal to rent out a room in your house for sex?

I was thinking how hard it was for me and my boyfriend to have sex but didn't have any whr to go. (over 18 btw)

so we gonna get our own place and I was wonder if you can rent a room could you rent out a room for sex only? of course it would be for those who had adult IDs and all that stuff.

no prostitution just couples or adults a safe place to do it and charge em a fee

i just want to know if it legal if so, give me a link that proves or direct me someplace to find out.

i live in San Francisco, California

for pple who can't read.

young adults have sex at movies, public bathrooms, colleges, and even train stations and on trains! if the get caught, they go to jail for something stupid. I've f***ed my boyfriend in all these places but if we had a friend who said give me 30 bucks and ill let you used my bed, we would've.

so my idea, when I get my own place is to allow a space for a small number of adults to come and f*** legally and charge em a fee

Most Helpful Guy

• The ONLY way you make that legal is to rent the room for those adult entertainment industries. make them fill out a contract to use your room or house to film their business. Other than a place in the state of Nevada, this would be very illegal in any part of the United States. It would be by law, an illegal brothel and definitely grounds for arrest. This stuff happens quite often I think, more than any of us would know without an investigation.

Good idea, bad least here. I think Canada would allow it.

• @archer86 That is ridiculous. You're an idiot.

Of course it is legal. It isn't illegal for hotels to rent rooms to couples, knowing that there is a good chance they'll have sex in it, is it? It is perfectly legal for you to rent a room to someone for whatever purpose they use it for. The only way that it would be made illegal is if you were renting the room to someone knowing that they were using it to commit a crime (i. e. having sex with a minor, manufacturing meth). However, make sure that you make it clear to any authorities that might inquire that you are renting it out as a place for people to rest primarily, not primarily as a place to have sex.

It is perfectly legal, and it's unlikely that you even need a hotel permit, but that will depend upon your specific municipal laws regarding renting a room in a private home.