Do you REALLY need a condom for anal sex?

Guys, let's say you and your girlfriend are going to have anal sex (girls just fill in the blank, but you are the one reciving). Do you really need a condom if you use lube, both tested for stds and she's cleaned herself? (ex:enema etc) Is there a pretty big possibility of pregnant? Is there one if she's on the pill?

Because, I love the feeling of him spraying cmm inside, and skin to skin...but I don't want to get preg/etc from being stupid and ignoring the condom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pregnancy is a potential issue if she is not on the pill, but the main reason why it is still necessary to use condoms during anal sex is that STDs are not the only infections that can be spread through anal sex. There is bacteria in the anus that the penis is not made for, so it's important to protect it for that reason. Also, the membranes of the anus are extremely thin and delicate, and not intended to handle the friction from sex. Even microscopic tears in the skin can be dangerous for the receiving partner, because bacteria from the anus can enter the bloodstream etc. It's just best to use a condom. The risks are certainly there.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 17

• The possibility of getting pregnant is virtually zero. Given that you've addressed the STD issue, then it's fine.

• The odds of pregnancy are staggeringly low.

If she's on the pill, they're laughable.

• You don't need it. You're clearly a committed couple so bareback anal is fine. The risks are minimal. He might get prostatitis, an inflamed prostate but antibiotics fix that quick. You might get a yeast infection if he's in your vagina after without cleaning up first. The fast and easy way to clean up is hand sanitizer. It kills e.coli great, is convenient and you can do it for him. ;)

• If you're both clean, no need for a condom.

• He should use a condom. The anus has bacteria which can enter his body and cause infection. Plus you can pull it out and have some corn stuck to the side. Makes one think about corn differently.

You see is some adult movies going from anus to vagina which can cause medical issues.

More from Guys
12

What Girls Said 6

• u cannot get pregnant from anal sex alone. condom is always a good idea to HELP protect against infection and etc but its not needed

• You can get more diseases from anal than vaginal.

Like fical matter...I think the guy is more at risk though

• I personally don't like condoms and most of the time I let guys come in bareback...eventhough I should know better but hey lust huh?!

I wouldn't be to worried about it your in a monogomous relation and stuff so don't think your in trouble...

• Its a chocie like if you don't use one you can still do it so you don't need it

• I guess not.choose best answer