Around what age do girls begin feeling pleasure 'there'?

When I was a twelve year old boy, I used to rub my penis against my bed and feel pleasure in doing it. But I could not tell what that pleasure really was. At 14, I became aware of my sexuality, began masturbating and knew what that pleasure really was.

I am just curious about what it is like for girls. When do they usually realize that touching or rubbing their vulva feels good? Does it vary greatly among girls or does it usually happen around a certain age?

If any ladies here could share more on this, please.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl -- when her cycle's about to start and how developed she is. There's no fixed age. Many girls don't even think to try that until way, way after they've been having periods, etc. I know several girls who have never tried to find out at all, for reasons of their own.

What Girls Said 5

• I matsurbate myself when I was in a music concert when I was 7, LOL!

• Really? At 7? Hard to believe. But thanks for sharing.

• Not sure if it's 7 but I was small. And don't get wrong that I'm insane or sth, I just don't even know what's matsurbate until I got to this website, and I wasn't really matsurbate too, I was just feeling good ' there'

• You can feel pleasure there at any age. Toddler s can feel pleasure. When I was a little girl I would scoot to the edge of a chair and spread my legs(to put pressure on my clit ) I had no idea why it felt good but it did. It wasn't until I was 14 that I started masturbating because I was horny. Then I knew what I was doing and understood why

• As far as toddler boys are concerned I don't think the penis gives them that sort of pleasure at that age. I am profoundly surprised to know that little girls can feel pleasure in the vagina, but of course they wouldn't know what it is. Still, I never thought that was possible at a very young age.

It's the same for guys as well. However, most boys don't understand why it feels good to rub your penis either with your hand or against something until they get 'the talk'. What they DO realize is that 'sometimes their (my) bits (penis) goes all hard and it feels strange. Wonder what happens if I touch it? Oh, that felt weird, good, but weird. Let's Carry On!'

My replies apply to Gcentral's comment below

• I started touching myself when I was too young to even remember my age. I didn't know what the hell it was, I just knew it felt good.

• I think I read somewhere that these areas are pleasurable even for the newborns. But because in this age children don't try to discover their bodies and most parents don't talk about these things in front of their children and prevent them from touching themselves as they are still young so they don't know about it. However, the sexual maturity is completed in the age of puberty which is different depending on the gender and the person.

As for me, I knew about my sexuality when I was 18.

• I was raped at 12. It didn't feel good. Don't remember before that. Sex is never enjoyable. even when it is physically it isn't psychologically or emotionally.

What Guys Said 1

• this must be the most important question ever asked !

what ever would we do with out creepy questions.

the Internet just wouldn't be the same. Or as funny - there'd be no videos of older gentlemen using the internet for the first time and typing in something like 'stripping' so they could find out about wallpaper removal and then seeing a bunch of shirtless, bra-less females displaying themselves in a lewd fashion. And then being caught out by their wives and being all embarrassed.