Why do some men like sex during the period knowing it smells?

I have NOTHING against people having sex on their period. I don't do it but I don't care if others do it. I just want to know if men know that while having sex if they know their partner will have gas? Which is the main reason why I don't have sex on my period because gas is one of the symptoms. YES even after I take a shower I experience gas and I change my pad but I can still smell that gassy smell. I find it gross for me which is why I choose not to have sex during that time. I guess my question for the guys is do you guys find that menstrual gassy smell as a turn on or are you guys like so horny that you don't mind? I hope that didn't come out the wrong way

Most Helpful Guy

• Because p**** is p**** lol.

What Guys Said 8

• Its more a metallic smell from the blood.

Period sex > period celibacy.

I'll be honest, I'd be quite happy if she just wanted to do other things during her period, but I want to do -something- and if her choice is sex, the mess is tolerable.

• I know it can get messy, but the sensual connection can be one of the best, and I have never experienced a smell to bad to no consider,x

• I'm not sure what this "gassy" smell is that you're talking about. I mean, menstruation blood typically has a mild scent (which can vary from woman to woman) but it sure as hell doesn't smell anything like gas (by which I assume you mean flatulence?).

Anyway, when it's present (which in my experience isn't always, especially immediately after a shower) it's not unpleasant enough that it turns me off from sex.

• I meant women have more flatulence during their petiod. Not menstruation smell. I don't think you are understanding

• No, I understand you perfectly. Maybe *you* have extra gas during your period, but none of my girlfriends ever have. I don't think it's as common as you think it is.

• Period sex is some of the best and most intense sex

• Why you filthy ghoul!

More from Guys
3

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know what you mean by 'gassy smell' lol but I think guys are just so horny that they don't care. I used to not want to do it with my boyfriend when I had my period, because I felt so disgusting, but he finally got me to believe that he didn't care, he still wants sex whether I'm on my period or not

• Lol the guy above me was right then. Pussy is p****

• I want to know the same thing. My boyfriend wants to have sex even if I'm on my period. I don't let him if it is a heavy flow day and I won't let him until I take a shower. It has to be rout after the shower. I don't like knowing that I'm getting nasty blood all over him and like you said, it smells! I feel gross and I think it would be a turn off for him. I just don't understand some guys.

• "Nasty blood"?...Is all blood nasty? Or only period blood? Period blood does not seem to smell imo...only pad blood? Nice snake!..Is that some type of lizard or iguana?

• I don't think of it as "nasty"

• It's a bearded dragon.