Does your hips get wider if you have sex a lot?

This girl at my school was a virgin and very meek around guys, but then after she got a boyfriend her hips seem to have gotten noticeably wider. I was wondering about how'd she get curves in such a short period of time and several years past puberty age and my friend said that after a girl loses her virginity, her hips become wider if she has sex a lot. Is there any truth to that?

Or maybe it's from birth control because most girls go on birth control after they've become sexually active? Kind of reminds me of the myth that if a guy massages your breasts they'll get bigger.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never noticed the phenomena, however I do recall numerous times when I was a teen hearing the older people making remarks about different girls getting "honeymoon hips". Because of that I would say it is quite possible that the female pelvis opens with sexual activity.

• Report

It was my impression that "honeymoon hips" meant the result of a girl letting herself go after she got married, and thus getting bigger hips because of poor eating habits and a lack of exercise. Not sure which one is the intended meaning of the phrase, and google didn't help.

• Report

No worries, I wasn't trying to discredit you. Just trying to say that I was under a different impression. My intuition strongly leans towards disbelieving that the pelvis could become bent via sex.

• Report

Sox, no ofense taken. Like I said, you may well be correct. What do you think though about the pelvis deforming during childbirth? I'm inclined to think the female pelvis is somewhat maleable during the child bearing years.