Why did I go numb during sex?

I have always been curious on why I went numb during sex? I have never asked anyone this because I felt like I would get embarrassed or tmi, but I'm... Show More

I started getting numb after around 20-30 minutes of penetration.
I have read all your answers! thank you all :)

Most Helpful Opinion

• After around 20-30 minutes? Could it be a psychological reaction you have when approaching orgasm that causes you to shut down? (This can happen when a girl doesn't feel 'safe' or comfortable in letting herself go completely).

Otherwise if the sex isn't quiet doing it for you after 20-30minutes (not bringing you to orgasm) then I think it is quiet natural for girls to kind of lose the nice sensations down there (a lot of girls I know will get irritated if they have not been brought to orgasm within 30 minutes, either at the guy or at themselves, either way they may want to stop as it becomes impossible for them to get back to the pleasurable sensations).

My advice would be to stop when you lose sensations and return to other forms of intimacy (kissing, touching) and then return to sex as the feelings return but I am a guy of course so its always a learning experience with me and the female anatomy ;)

• okay! this makes sense, I have never reached an orgasm and I'm really comfortable when having sex, I just let myself go and enjoy the moment.

• Enjoying sex and allowing oneself to have an orgasm are different though :) I recommend in your alone time practice with yourself to reach orgasm and when you have achieved this take more control of the sex with your partner. Take the on top position on occasion and control the rhythm and depth of penetration so that you control how it feels for you. This worked for my girlfriend and I after advice from her friends and once she got started can now orgasm regularly ;)

• mmk, I have never been on top so ill try that out when I'm become sexually active again