Trading sex for rent - Would you do it?

If you are cash-strapped and need a place to stay, would you have sex with a good looking, clean, and successful young guy in lieu of paying rent for... Show More

• Vote A I'm a girl - "No, I'm not that kind of girl"
  • Vote B I'm a girl - "Yes, if he's hot, why not"
  • Vote C I'm a guy - "Yes, I would offer a girl this deal instead of rent"
  • Vote D I'm a guy - "No, I do not like having sex with hot girls"

Most Helpful Opinion

• E - Mixing business (being a landlord) and pleasure is never a good idea.

Setting aside the moral question (maybe it's totally her idea and she's completely willing), the potential for things to go wrong here are epic. Once she moves in, she has rights (which vary depending on your state or country), and if she causes problems, your recourse can be very limited. Such a non-mainstream solution can be used against you in a number of ways, both by her and by officials (police, the court, etc.).

It's also bad business. If you're a landlord, the point is to make MONEY. Unless you normally take that rent money and spend it on hookers already, then by agreeing to such an arrangement is going backwards.

Besides, it really isn't hard to get sex for free if you're willing to make a reasonable amount of effort.

Such arrangements are a trainwreck waiting to happen, and everyone but the guy can see the train barreling down the track, and knows how it's going to turn out. At least it makes for an entertaining show, as long as you aren't directly involved in any way.

• well said.