Why do young women choose to pose nude for Playboy?

I find Playboy highly offensive because it objectifies women. I don't understand why some women choose to pose for the magazine. Why do some women... Show More

I am going to say this in an update and then I am not going to look at this question again. So if you choose to respond just know that your response is falling on deaf ears. Why are you guys so admittedly defending pornography?
(this is a rhetorical question)? Would you want your daughter to be in pornography? Whether some women want to admit it or not pornography affects women. All women. Look around you. When you go to a club do the girls there often look like porn stars?
Fake breast, nails, hair, large amounts of make up, provocative clothing. Who do you think they are modeling themselves after? Who do you think they are trying to emulate? They emulate porn stars.
All women want attention but porn stars are teaching us that you can get attention easier with you looks then your brain. As pornography creeps into main stream culture, as it has been for several years now, who do you think it will affect the most?
Young girls are very impressionable. I have seen a large portion of my generation fall prey to this. Girls have already started to admire women like Jenna Jameson and Pamela Anderson instead of great women like Harper Lee and Susan B Anthony.
If women continue to emulate porn stars, and this trend continues through younger generations, do you think women will ever be considered equal to men? No.
Men also growing up in this generation will think of women more as objects of their sexual gratification then their equals. This is my concern.
This was the reason I asked this question, to try to understand the opposite side of the argument. Despite all of us not sharing the same opinion I thank you for your answers. "A woman reading Playboy feels a little like a Jew reading a Nazi manual." - GS
“There can be no equality in porn, no female equivalent, no turning of the tables in the name of bawdy fun. Pornography, like rape, is a male invention, designed to dehumanize women… Pornography is the undiluted essence of anti-female propaganda.” -SB
“And that’s all I have to say about that” – Forrest Gump

Most Helpful Guy

• Money... exposure... fame... confidence boost... checking account... mortgage...

I like your views... no doubt. I do think it's degrading, but when you mess with a Billion dollar industry that's actually supported by your Government, there's nothing you can do. That's it.

Asker upvoted